• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting monsters from Dungeon Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
it's just a picky thing, but "corrupt fluid" sounds better to me - no hard feelings if you disagree though. ;)

Shade

Monster Junkie
Hi, BOZ! <waves at BOZ>

Heh heh...corrupt fluid. <restrains comment in case Grandma's around>

Just kidding...that'll work. :p

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated in Homebrews.

Time to address this...

They can also corrupt good or neutral victims by poisoning their minds. By giving up both wounding attacks, a reviler can alter the ethics of any living being it touches (requiring a successful attack roll). Any good-aligned being touched by a reviler must make a
wisdom check. If the roll fails, the victim's alignment is changed to that of the reviler until a remove curse or dispel evil is cast. A reviler may only attempt to "poison" a certain individual once. If the attempt fails, the victim is immune to any further attacks by that particular reviler.

Any precedents?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
You might look at the morality undone spell in FC1. I don't have it with me at the moment, though.

Shade

Monster Junkie
freyar said:
You might look at the morality undone spell in FC1. I don't have it with me at the moment, though.

Good call! Here's the relevant text...

You temporarily turn one creature evil. The chaotic/neutral/lawful ocmponent of the subject's alignment remains unchanged. The subject retains whatever outlook, allegiances, and relationships it had before, as long as they do not conflict with its new alignment. Otherwise, it acts with its new selfish, bloodthirsty, and cruel outlook in all matters.

An atonement spell restores the subject's original alignment, but a remove curse spell has no effect.

How's this?

Touch of Evil (Su): As a standard action, a reviler may make a melee touch attack to corrupt a nonevil creature. The target must succeed on a DC X Will save. Failure indicates that the creature's alignment switches to evil. The chaotic/neutral/lawful ocmponent of the subject's alignment remains unchanged. The subject retains whatever outlook, allegiances, and relationships it had before, as long as they do not conflict with its new alignment. Otherwise, it acts with its new selfish, bloodthirsty, and cruel outlook in all matters.

An atonement spell restores the subject's original alignment, but a remove curse spell has no effect.

Mortis

First Post
Shade said:
How's this?

Touch of Evil (Su): As a standard action, a reviler may make a melee touch attack to corrupt a nonevil creature. The target must succeed on a DC X Will save. Failure indicates that the creature's alignment switches to evil. The chaotic/neutral/lawful ocmponent of the subject's alignment remains unchanged. The subject retains whatever outlook, allegiances, and relationships it had before, as long as they do not conflict with its new alignment. Otherwise, it acts with its new selfish, bloodthirsty, and cruel outlook in all matters.

I like that. :)

Noticed a typo in the homebrew entry
Revilers are undead spirits similar to haunts. They are created by evil gods for the purpose of spreading strife, woe, and terror. Revilers hate all things that are good and pure and seek to corrupt them, or at the veiy least twist their plans toward evil ends. Good beings turned to evil by the revilers' touch are used to sow discord and reap destruction.
very?

Regards
Mortis

Shade

Monster Junkie
Mortis said:
Noticed a typo in the homebrew entry

Heh. I'll have to rewrite that section anyway, as it is lifted word-for-word from the original. I just threw it in there as a placeholder.

Here's what's left besides flavor text:

Natural armor bonus
Skills: 35
Feats: 2
Challenge Rating: X
Treasure: X
Advancement: X

Mortis

First Post
Shade said:
Natural armor bonus
Skills: 35
Feats: 2
Challenge Rating: X
Treasure: X
Advancement: X

Natural armor: +3
Skills: Hide, Knowledge (religion), Knowledge (nobility & royalty), Listen, Spot - 7 ranks each - I suggest the two knowledges because what sows discord more than talking about politics and religion. ;)
Feats: Blind-fight, Weapon Focus (touch attacks)
CR: 4
Treasure: Well the original had none.
Advancement: 5-8 HD (Medium) or by character class

Regards
Mortis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads