Converting monsters from Imagine Magazine

Shade

Monster Junkie
Added Transformation section to Homebrews.

Does that suffice?

Skills: 8 at 48 ranks
Concentration, Intimidate, Knowledge (arcana), Listen, Search, Spot, Sense Motive, Use Magic Device?

Feats: 16 (9 can be epic)
Awesome Blow, Cleave, Devastating Critical (bite), Flyby Attack, Great Cleave, Hover, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Critical (bite), Improved Initiative, Improved Sunder, Multiattack, Overwhelming Critical (bite), Power Attack, Snatch, Weapon Focus (bite), Wingover?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Looks good; the bit about saving the victim is a nice touch.

Skills and feats look right. I'm not going to be much help on the CR, I'm afraid. If you suggest one, I can try comparing to something else, though.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

I reworked the skills a bit to include Bluff, since one of the component relics had ranks in it. You gotta love that +6 synergy bonus granted by 45 ranks in a skill!

I'd ballpark it around CR 20. An ironwyrm golem is CR 17, and only 5 less Hit Dice. However, the Taumet is intelligent, so it gains lots of feats and skills, has adaptable breath weapon damage, spell-like abilities, and the added hit points of its host.

It actually compares fairly comparably to the tarrasque (CR 20).

freyar

That's true enough. Sure CR 20. The tarrasque is probably harder to kill (since we don't even know the Taumet's hp), but the Taumet may have more options.

Just noticed the "death bite" and I don't remember it (though we have been working on this a while)! Should there be a special attack write up for that?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Are you referring to the Fort save on the attack lines? If so, I was just filling in the Devastating Critical bits for ease-of-reference. :)

freyar

Unless we want to put in suggestions for how to destroy the relics, I think it's done. I don't have any great idea about that, though. Probably it should involve destroying the codex and sacrificing the wyrmhorn, but that's all I've got.

Remove ads