• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Converting monsters from Mayfair Games Role Aids product line

Cleon

Legend
Those feats and skills sount good to me.

Updated.

We'd better figure out its "Animate Dead" power. I'll change the name to "animate corpse" to cut down on confusion. How's this.

Animate Corpse (Su): A foregathering spirit can animate skeletons and zombies, as per the animate dead spell (caster level equals the spirit's Hit Dice). It animates one undead per use of this power. A foregathering spirit can animate corpses at will, but may not animate HD worth of undead creatures more than its caster level at any time. If the spirit exceeds this number, any excess undead from previous uses collapse lifelessly to the ground. However, the foregathering spirit can reanimate these corpses, or the corpses of undead that are "killed" in combat, by another use of this power, provided the corpses are relatively complete.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Well, that describes the original text pretty well, so it works. But I think just a usual "animate dead" SLA would fit the 3.X design ethos of unified (rather than exceptional) mechanics better as well as being simpler. Still, as you like. It's not "official," so I won't fight on this. ;) :p

Cleon

Legend
Well, that describes the original text pretty well, so it works. But I think just a usual "animate dead" SLA would fit the 3.X design ethos of unified (rather than exceptional) mechanics better as well as being simpler. Still, as you like. It's not "official," so I won't fight on this. ;) :p

You won't fight me on it?

Spoilsport. :)

I've plugged it in to the lates Update.

The only question marks I see left are Organization and Challenge Rating.

Cleon

Legend
Solitary works for the org.

CR 5 like the wraith or maybe CR 6?

Hold on, we're giving this thing more Con damage with a single touch than it does with a minute of Draining Malevolence, 1d6 vs 1d3. That doesn't seem right!

How about changing the touch attack to Wisdom damage?

I feel they're more a CR 5 than 6, but am open to arguments.

For the Organization, should we allow for a few undead minions? Something like:

Organization: Solitary or gathering (1 plus 1-6 skeletons or 1-3 zombies)

Remove ads