Planescape Converting Planescape monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I'd say a special leap attack including the "sprint."

Let's adapt deaf.

I kind of like a frenzy mechanic, maybe like the dire badger/wolverine.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I like the idea of a light-based rage. I don't think we need sprint, but some sort of deadly charge ability is a must.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Here's a stab at some of those abilities...

Hopping Charge (Ex): A gronk may make a leaping charge attack to deal double damage with its headspikes. A gronk may move any direction, including vertically, as part of this action without making a Jump check.

Illuminated Rage (Ex): A gronk exposed to sudden bright light (such as any spell with the light descriptor) flies into a berserk rage on its next turn, fighting madly until either it or all its opponents are dead. It gains +4 to Strength, +4 to Constitution, and –2 to Armor Class. The creature cannot end its rage voluntarily.

Nearly Deaf (Ex): A gronk is almost completely incapable of perceiving sound, and is nearly immune to language-dependent effects and sonic effects dependent on hearing. As a result, a gronk gains a +x racial bonus on all saving throws against such effects, and if the effect deals damage, suffers no damage on a successful save and only half damage on a failed save. The creature has adapted to this limitation and thus suffers no penalty on initiative checks because of its deafness.

freyar

I'd say +8 racial bonus for Nearly Deaf.

For the rage, let's say "until either it or all visible creatures are dead" since it seems they attack even their "friends" (other gronks).

Do we need to specify that the charge follows normal charge movement rules?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
X should be +6. Something hefty. Leaping charge looks good, but I think we should emphasize the "sudden". So a light spell that had been previously cast moving towards a gronk wouldn't cause them to frenzy, but casting one in their midst would.

freyar

X should be +6. Something hefty. Leaping charge looks good, but I think we should emphasize the "sudden". So a light spell that had been previously cast moving towards a gronk wouldn't cause them to frenzy, but casting one in their midst would.
I like that idea for the frenzy.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Good points, all. Attempting to revise...

Illuminated Rage (Ex): Gronks are angered by sudden flashes of light. Any spell or effect with the light descriptor that originates within 60 feet of a gronk sends the creature into a berserk rage on its next turn, fighting madly until either it or all all visible creatures are dead. It gains +4 to Strength, +4 to Constitution, and –2 to Armor Class. The creature cannot end its rage voluntarily. Existing light sources brought into an area containing gronks does not trigger the rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads