Planescape Converting Planescape monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
no sense in holding it back if the change was universal... make them 9HD you say?

Krishnath

First Post
Leo: Then why did he put it on the list?

Shade: Good point, giving it a Con of 24 sounds good, but then we need to increase it's Str as well. I suggest increasing it's Str to 26.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Krishnath said:
Shade: Good point, giving it a Con of 24 sounds good, but then we need to increase it's Str as well. I suggest increasing it's Str to 26.

I like that idea.

Psychotic Jim

First Post
For the Bulezau's Rage Special Attack, I sugguest making it like the standard barbarian ability from the PHB, perhaps even making it Tireless and/or Greater Rage depending on how difficult you want the monster to be.

Also, two monsters not on the list:

Dead Gods (Adventure module, 1997)

Visage

Hellbound- The Blood War (boxed set, 1996)

Darklore

Filby

First Post
Krishnath said:
As for future conversions, I humbly suggest the Shadowdrake, but that's not really surprising is it ;)

The shadowdrake has already been converted as the 'Styx dragon' in Dragon #300 ('Hellish Fangs on Abyssal Wings') and reappeared in the Draconomicon. :)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Shade said:
for the Improved Critical (headbutt), is this intended to be different than its gore attack? Or is the headbutt the gore attack plus chance of knockdown?

that should be Improved Critical (gore). :) "headbutt" or whatever we decide to call it will be the effect of what happens when hit with a gore attack.

Shade

Monster Junkie
BOZ said:
that should be Improved Critical (gore). :) "headbutt" or whatever we decide to call it will be the effect of what happens when hit with a gore attack.

Cool. I edited the statblock to reflect the increased threat range for the gore attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads