Converting "Real World" Animals and Vermin

Status
Not open for further replies.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Skills: Listen 6, Spot 6 for ranks?

Feats: Multiattack, Track?, Endurance, Great Fort?

Shade

Monster Junkie
I agree with most of that. I'd drop Multiattack, since its claws weren't really intended for great use in combat. Since it relies so heavily on its tongue sweep, I'd recommend Ability Focus (tongue sweep) replace Multiattack.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I say Ability Focus (tongue sweep), Endurance, Great Fort and Track for its feats.

Demiurge out.

Edit: Shade's write-up puts the claw attacks at -6 from the primary attack. The bite should be +10 (it looks like we forgot the size penalty to attack rolls).

freyar

Those feats sound fine to me. Since we're going with Track, do we want to swap the skill ranks to Listen 4, Spot 4, Survival 4?

Environment: Warm Land
Organization: Solitary
CR: 7?
The advancement line looks fine.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

Good catch on the size modifier for attack rolls.

Since we gave them Track, we should either give ranks in Survival and/or give them scent. Thoughts?

freyar

Think you missed my previous post, Shade. ;)

freyar said:
Those feats sound fine to me. Since we're going with Track, do we want to swap the skill ranks to Listen 4, Spot 4, Survival 4?

Environment: Warm Land
Organization: Solitary
CR: 7?
The advancement line looks fine.

I'd be fine with scent, too. They do have quite the nose if you look at the pictures!

Shade

Monster Junkie
freyar said:
Think you missed my previous post, Shade. ;)

Indeed!

Let's go with both scent and the skill ranks you suggested.

At CR 7, the dire bear is much deadlier. CR 5 is probably closer, as it compares favorably with the glyptodon and smilodon.

freyar

CR 5 is fine.

10 feet long and 100 lb? That's just scaling up the high end of the real-world echidna.

Done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads