Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Monster Junkie
freyar said:
Hmm, I guess that first tidbit can go in flavor if you want. :uhoh:

Do. Not. Want. :eek:

freyar said:
Improved burrowing is good. It seemed to me, though, that the spines are not barbed, so whatever barbed defense we have should be kind of weak. Maybe even just an improved natural armor bonus. Yes on the Climb bonus. I'd agree on no saves vs cold environments and double damage on a failed save vs hot environment dangers.

Interesting. I'm not familiar enough with them to realize that the barbs aren't "spiky". Good to know. Since their natural armor is already pretty good, that might suffice.

+4 Climb bonus?

How's this?

Temperature Regulation (Ex): An echidna's lukewarm blood and embedded spines allow it to better tolerate cold temperatures, but also makes it more vulnerable to heat. A giant echidna need not make a Fortitude save to avoid nonlethal damage in cold temperatures. However, it suffers a -4 penalty on Fortitude saves to avoid nonlethal damage in hot temperatures (see Heat Dangers in the DMG).

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Shade said:
Interesting. I'm not familiar enough with them to realize that the barbs aren't "spiky". Good to know. Since their natural armor is already pretty good, that might suffice.

Here's the quote from what you posted above: "Echidna spines lack barbs and are never thrown from the body."

+4 Climb bonus?

How's this?

Temperature Regulation (Ex): An echidna's lukewarm blood and embedded spines allow it to better tolerate cold temperatures, but also makes it more vulnerable to heat. A giant echidna need not make a Fortitude save to avoid nonlethal damage in cold temperatures. However, it suffers a -4 penalty on Fortitude saves to avoid nonlethal damage in hot temperatures (see Heat Dangers in the DMG).

That all looks good.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I think it should get two claw attacks, but not especially powerful ones. Its claws are better at concentrated attacks on hard materials. Perhaps they ignore some of the hardness when attacking an object?

Demiurge out.

freyar

How about 1d4+(1/2) Str claw attacks as secondary natural weapons? They ignore the first 5 points of hardness?

freyar

I think so. I guess we need to add that this is also called a spiny anteater. Should we add a primary bite attack but add that it can't bite when it is dragging or chewing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads