• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting "Real World" Animals and Vermin

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Right, the (great) boobrie likes to ambush, so I'm good with the skill and feat allocation there. I think the black boobrie is ok, too, though I don't think it needs quite so good of a Hide skill. It's ok as you have it, though.

Cleon

Legend
Right, the (great) boobrie likes to ambush, so I'm good with the skill and feat allocation there. I think the black boobrie is ok, too, though I don't think it needs quite so good of a Hide skill. It's ok as you have it, though.

Well we could move a point of Hide to Intimidate I guess, if it really bothers you, thought that would ironically make it scarier than its 12 foot tall man-eating cousin!

Hmm, which of them had the flavour text about the feather-ruffling again? It wouldn't be amiss giving that one the higher Intimidate.

freyar

The feather-ruffling one is the MC11 Large "great boobrie." So let's leave the black boobrie's ranks unchanged.

freyar

How about we leave the skill ranks as you propose in post 1450 and drop or decrease the black boobrie's racial bonus in Intimidate since there's no call for it in the original monster?

Cleon

Legend
How about we leave the skill ranks as you propose in post 1450 and drop or decrease the black boobrie's racial bonus in Intimidate since there's no call for it in the original monster?

I'm against dropping it entirely, but would be fine reducing it to +2.

Cleon

Legend
Fair enough. Are we done with skills and feats now?

So we've got the following?

Boobrie
Abilities: Str 20, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 2, Wis 14, Cha 10
Feats: Alertness, Stealthy, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (bite)
Skills: Hide +8, Intimidate +4, Listen +8, Move Silently +8, Spot +10
racial adjustments: +4 racial bonuses to Hide, Intimidate, Spot

Black Boobrie
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 2, Wis 14, Cha 10
Feats: Alertness, Weapon Focus (bite)
Skills: Hide +5, Intimidate +2, Listen +7, Spot +10
racial adjustments: +4 racial bonus to Spot, +2 to Intimidate

I'd be OK updating the Boobrie Working Draft to that and moving on to the background info.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads