Not open for further replies.
I

iwpoe

Dont forget

Mordenkeinan isnt among those that are killed in the prelude
those that are killed are as follows:
Tenser - 20th lvl Mage - Str 10 Dex 16 Con 16 Int 17 Wis 11 Cha 18 HP 60
Bigby - 18th lvl Mage - Str 9 Dex 17 Con 15 Int 17 Wis 15 Cha 12 HP 46
Otto - 14th Mage/5th Preist (Dual Currently Mage) - Str 16 Dex 7 Con 15 Int 17 Wis 15 Cha 16 HP 45
Drawmij - 16th lvl Mage - Str 7 Dex 16 Con 15 Int 18 Wis 17 Cha 9 HP 44
Nystul - 16th lvl Mage - Str 7 Dex 10 Con 15 Int 18 Wis 17 Cha 15 HP 45
Rary - 23th lvl Mage - Str 7 Dex 11 Con 12 Int 19 Wis 19 Cha 16 HP 50
Otiluke - 16th lvl Mage - Str 5 Dex 17 Con 10 Int 17 Wis 8 Cha 11 HP 39
Jallarzi - 14th lvl Mage - Str 10 Dex 18 Con 9 Int 18 Wis 17 Cha 17 HP 38

They are killed by this sucker

Vecna/Halmadar
20th lvl Fighter
Statistics "Not Applicable"
THACO: 1
AC: 0

Vecna/Halmadar is powered up like crazy by the Hand and Eye of Vecna. By the way why did Wizards feal it nessessary to gimp an artifact like the Hand and Eye of Vecna when by definition artifats are ment to be powerful and unbalencing. I mean the origional powers included spell resistance Time Stop and lots of other things. The Eye had true seeing forsight Visons and al sorts of other things. The combined powers of the 3.0/3.5 version are so off the oritional model one must wonder if the Wizards staff just thru darts at powers and selected them that way. An artifact should not be a balenced thing I dont know why they felt it nessessary to do so. I've decided to thro the DMG description of the artifact away but even going to the old powers I am unable to kill 8 Wizards of this ammount of power with 2 spells and 3 to 6 round of combat. Thoughts?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
iwpoe said:
By the way why did Wizards feal it nessessary to gimp an artifact like the Hand and Eye of Vecna when by definition artifats are ment to be powerful and unbalencing. I mean the origional powers included spell resistance Time Stop and lots of other things. The Eye had true seeing forsight Visons and al sorts of other things. The combined powers of the 3.0/3.5 version are so off the oritional model one must wonder if the Wizards staff just thru darts at powers and selected them that way. An artifact should not be a balenced thing I dont know why they felt it nessessary to do so. I've decided to thro the DMG description of the artifact away but even going to the old powers I am unable to kill 8 Wizards of this ammount of power with 2 spells and 3 to 6 round of combat. Thoughts?

i couldn't agree more, truly. i'd recommend redoing the artifacts if you want to use them in your home campaign.

Shade

Monster Junkie
The following critters no longer need converting:

WGA3 - Flames of the Falcon
Hook Horror - appears in MM2
Derro (Dwarf) - appears in MM
Meenlock - appears in MM2

* WGR3 - Rary the Traitor
Desert Centaur - appears in Dungeon #103
Manscorpion - appears in Monsters of Faerun as Stinger

Dragon #270, Dragon's Bestiary "Minions of Iuz"
Blackroot Marauder - appears in Dragon Compendium, vol 1.

Dungeon #70, Kingdom of the Ghouls
Shadow (True) Ghoul - appears in Dungeon #129

Mortis

First Post
BOZ said:
correct - plus whatever appears in Dragon #339. :)
Just for the record.
Pure Puppet said:
From Greyhawk, we have the Animus Template, the Blindheim - tiny frog-men that worship Slaads - the Greyhawk Dragon, with a sample Young Adult stat block, the Suel Lich - an incorporeal undead that possess living bodies, and the xvart.
Regards
Mortis

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Shade said:
Desert Centaur - appears in Dungeon #103

that was a greyhawk-themed article wasn't it?

Shade said:
Manscorpion - appears in Monsters of Faerun as Stinger

i'll have to compare the stats - the greyhawk manscorpion may be rather different from the tlincalli/stinger/manscorpion from the Realms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads