• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Coolest part of your homebrew?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
The coolest part of my homebrew isn't killing all the PCs, seeing their character sheets piled before me, and hearing the lamentation of the players.

It's telling everyone online that I did.

Cheers, -- N

Chaldfont

First Post
This is the coolest part of my homebrew... Making it and drinking it.

image37.jpg

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
Xath said:
In the aftermath of the Second God War, those who could not be turned from the worship of their dead gods were exiled from the great continent to the western seas. There they found the archipeligo, and made their new home. The Solarians (sun elves) settled on one island which they named for themselves, and invited the Dwarves to the island nearest them, as they were the only races amongst the exiles who could still feel the presence of magic.

Almost two thousand years later, the Solarians have taken the realm of the arcane for themselves, reducing the dwarves to their body-guards, protectors, and smiths: servants. In secret, the dwarves have been preparing for the day in which they no longer serve. They have made pacts with exiled Solarians, arranging the creation of half-breeds: Gold Dwarves. Raised deep underground, these bastardized dwarves are trained in a new way of Dwarven magic; the way of the Hexblade, the way of the mage slayer. Many of the gold dwarves can pass for human, and make excellent spies and assassins in the human realms. Those who can pass as Dwarven or Solarian lay in wait for the uprising.

Very cool. *yoinked*

A race of halfling sized barbarians warriors that live on the edge of an undead infested region. They hunt and kill undead on a daily basis, and then bring the corpses to a huge graveyard and ritually bury them in urns so they cannot rise again. The Grave Wardens are their elite undead killers, and they spend most of their time patroling the graveyard making sure everything stays in the ground where it belongs.

They are clannish, and losly based on a celtic cultural background. The first time my players saw their warriors charge into battle with a force of ghouls stripped naked and covered in blue body paint they were more than a little surprised to say the least. Especially when after the battle the mage detect magic showed the paint glowed magically.

Each tribe is led by a council of shaman, the Spirit Lodge, who elect a war leader to lead the tribe on a day to day basis. The councils of each tribe work together to protect their people in a loose fahsion. Their are actually allied with a human empire that helps them protect thier lands (and the flank of the human empire btw) agiasnt the undead. In return the little guys send a precetage of their young and old warriors to the human leagions to act as scouts and skirmishers.

They worship the spirits of the forest, which they see in all things. The little spirits inhabit rocks and saplings, greater spirits inhabiting ancient oaks and rivers. The shaman communicate the will of the spirits to the war leader so he may rule wisely and in tune with their forest home. And since they actuakly can talk to the spirits it makes things very interesting when a tribe has to move because a local ancient tree is unhappy with them being blocking its sun with their cookfires smoke.

The little guys fear a great evil controls and spawns the undead called the Mako. And whenever they use its name they always spit on the gound and recite "cursed be its name". I love that because I've even gotten my players to do it now. :cool:

-Ashrum

Ry

Explorer
Ashrum the Black said:
A race of halfling sized barbarians warriors that live on the edge of an undead infested region. They hunt and kill undead on a daily basis, and then bring the corpses to a huge graveyard and ritually bury them in urns so they cannot rise again. The Grave Wardens are their elite undead killers, and they spend most of their time patroling the graveyard making sure everything stays in the ground where it belongs.

They are clannish, and losly based on a celtic cultural background. The first time my players saw their warriors charge into battle with a force of ghouls stripped naked and covered in blue body paint they were more than a little surprised to say the least. Especially when after the battle the mage detect magic showed the paint glowed magically.

Each tribe is led by a council of shaman, the Spirit Lodge, who elect a war leader to lead the tribe on a day to day basis. The councils of each tribe work together to protect their people in a loose fahsion. Their are actually allied with a human empire that helps them protect thier lands (and the flank of the human empire btw) agiasnt the undead. In return the little guys send a precetage of their young and old warriors to the human leagions to act as scouts and skirmishers.

They worship the spirits of the forest, which they see in all things. The little spirits inhabit rocks and saplings, greater spirits inhabiting ancient oaks and rivers. The shaman communicate the will of the spirits to the war leader so he may rule wisely and in tune with their forest home. And since they actuakly can talk to the spirits it makes things very interesting when a tribe has to move because a local ancient tree is unhappy with them being blocking its sun with their cookfires smoke.

The little guys fear a great evil controls and spawns the undead called the Mako. And whenever they use its name they always spit on the gound and recite "cursed be its name". I love that because I've even gotten my players to do it now. :cool:

-Ashrum

(Ashrum...)

What noise?

(Ashrummmmm.....)

I don't hear anything.

(Assshhhruuuummmmm......)

It's not me, man. Maybe it's the Great Hundred calling you.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads