• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Coolest Thing PC's Have Ever Done

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
When they faced Alric and his crew, I had Alric give a quick speech about what it meant to be a true champion, that champions knew how to still their blade, that he would teach them the meaning of heroism. Then Alric challenged the party leader to single combat. The player accepted.

Initiative is called. The player rolls a 20. The player steps up to Alric and unleashes all he has. The player rolls a 20. The player deal enough damage to kill Alric outright.
Doesn't this always seem to happen when you have the foe make a moving and impassioned speech?

radmod

First Post
I don't know if this counts as a cool thing PCs have done, but it was a cool event.

In a D&D style world, the party was chased down by a huge army of bandits. Remember the rule: "You don't have to outrun the bad guys, you just have to outrun the Dwarves."
So all three Dwarven fighters were captured. The bandit tribes had a ritual; they would allow you to fight a combat (naked + weapon) against someone of similar (i.e, exact) abilities. If you won, they would allow you to be slaves.
Also in this world, if you were critted you rolled d20 vs. your Con or you were dead.
Dwarf 1: walks up and rolls a crit on the first swing. Enemy dead, Dwarf becomes slave.
Dwarf 2: walks up and gets critted on the first swing. Dwarf dead.
Dwarf 3: walks up and proceeds to fight the longest combat I have ever, ever seen (lots of 2s, 3s, and 4s). After something like 40 rounds of piss poor die rolling, both the Dwarf and the bandit has 1 or 2 hp left (0 = dead). Both swing, both get hits. Roll initiative. Dwarf loses, Dwarf dead.

invokethehojo

First Post
I ran a one (long) night stand for rifts back in highschool. I just got a new book with a bunch of new weapons, so I did a die hard kinda thing with terrorrists taking over a huge futuristic shopping mall and the players had to defeat them while trapped inside.

As the night was coming to an end and the giant fight was nearing it's climax the various characters (who had formed several small groups) were all working their way to the open air atrium where the five level mall was open to the ceiling.

One character was on the fifth level, he was a puny vagabond and was really trying just to escape alive. There was a car dealership on that level (it is the future) and he had tried to drive the car out of a window, but of course it was mega damage glass and he couldn't make it. a cyborg soldier noticed this and began firing rockets at the car.

meanwhile on the ground level the enemy commander had some serious firepower and several guards and a few of the characters were making an assault on him at the center of the atrium.

I made the enemies quickly and over did it and they were too hard, so I wanted to figure out a way to give them a chance without doing a total deus ex machina.

the vagabond driving the car decided to do something crazy because he was sure he couldn't survive, so he threw the car into reverse and ran over the cyborg soldier, who was standing at the edge of the atrium balcony. He thought he would try to jump from the car to safety even though the chances were almost nill... and rolled a 20. On the ground level on of the players decided to go for it and just ran out with his new guns blazing, just firing everything he could at the enemy commander. He unloaded all his ammo and his turn ended with him in open ground in front of the commander... who was promptly smashed under the car falling from above. the vagabond made a rediculous roll and lept of of the car and was able to grab a lonng cable from the ceiling with decorative stuff and swung over to a lower level.

To this day I've tried to plan such cinematic things and never pulled it off.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads