Core Handbook Errors Discussion

silentounce

First Post
Kraydak said:
Do you see *anything* that says you can use a power that targets creatures against objects? Including Basic Attacks as powers, the only two powers available to PCs that can target objects are Force Orb and Disintegrate. Thats it. The details on the resolution of attacks against objects are irrelevant if you can't target them in the first place.

How about "A close burst power allows you to target creatures or objects" page 56. So maybe only bursts and blasts can target objects. I don't know, I guess they should have spelled it out better. Yet another error.

I would just apply common sense and let character use anything that the DMG doesn't say that objects would be immune to. But they should have been more clear about that.

Kraydak

First Post
silentounce said:
How about "A close burst power allows you to target creatures or objects" page 56. So maybe only bursts and blasts can target objects. I don't know, I guess they should have spelled it out better. Yet another error.

I would just apply common sense and let character use anything that the DMG doesn't say that objects would be immune to. But they should have been more clear about that.

General rule: close bursts can target stuff.
Specific rule: a given power can only target things in its "target" line.

Because of the way WotC did this, the biggest problem is that there isn't any really good way to house-rule it: there is absolutely no indication of what abilities they intended to be able to target objects.

*mutter* yay for leaked PDFs that let me wait until a corrected printing comes out *mutter*

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
DMG, page 198

The stats of the Fallcrest Guard warriors are supposed to be in "the accompanying statistics block," but this stat block seems to be missing.

pemerton

Legend
Zsig said:
Ouch. As someone else pointed same thing happens with two fighter powers (Steel Serpent Strike vs. Dance of Steel).
What is the problem with these powers? Steel Serpent Strike slows on a hit with any weapon. Dance of Steel slows on an attack with a heavy blade or polearm. Dance of Steel is better than Steel Serpent Strike provided that you wield the right sort of weapon - this is a feature of a Fighter power, not an error.

The Grackle

First Post
pemerton said:
What is the problem with these powers? Steel Serpent Strike slows on a hit with any weapon. Dance of Steel slows on an attack with a heavy blade or polearm. Dance of Steel is better than Steel Serpent Strike provided that you wield the right sort of weapon - this is a feature of a Fighter power, not an error.

Dance of Steel isn't better. It's level 3. It' doesn't prevent shifting. It requires a polearm or heavy blade.

That One Guy

First Post
Flazzy said:
Both Deathknights in the MM seem to be adding incorrect values as their + to damage, and the fighter has the elusive Containing Strike at-will which was supposedly cut from the PHB (but appears in the Steel Grace Swordmaster path feature)
This is a commenty question, but does this then imply that Containing Strike was originally the Fighter's marking anti-shifting jazz? If so, then it becomes that you can mark the enemy with a charge. Maybe it's supposed to be any at will power?

Also,
You have extensively studied the use of light blades and heavy blades
is stated under Sword Marshal, but everything he/she does is heavy blade based AND can be used w/ polearms. That's gotta' be a mistake.

Barlach

First Post
TYPO: The Beholder Eye of Flame stat block lists it's total hp as 240 and it's bloodied hp as 102. It's either 204 and 102 or 240 and 120.

Remove ads