Core Handbook Errors Discussion

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Moon-Lancer said:
So we cant talk about 4e if we have a printed copy that has broken the street date? I want to be clear. I hope didn't do anything wrong as well.
If we felt that way, we'd have to close the forum! We expect people to use good common sense and respect WotC's copyright. That means answering questions if you want to, and posting snippets is okay, but copying and pasting chunks of text is not.

I edited my initial post to reflect this.

Make sense?

Last edited:

Vempyre

Explorer
Even after street date, we can't post whole powers n stuff or whole paragraphs textually. It's not about street date but about copyrights. (personal opinion)

Moon-Lancer

First Post
Piratecat said:
If we felt that way, we'd have to close the forum! We expect people to use good common sense and respect WotC's copyright. That means answering questions if you want to, and posting snippets is okay, but copying and pasting chunks of text is not.

Make sense?

crystal. Thanks for the clarification. :)

Imban

First Post
If you roll 20 or higher but have no healing surges left expressed as a negative number, your condition doesn’t change.

This line sure makes sense! :D

Seems like it originally said something else and then was edited to "If you roll 20 or higher but have no healing surges left, your condition doesn't change" without actually removing the inappropriate text.

NMcCoy

Explorer
Wouldn't Leaping Dodge (Rogue Utility 16), as written, provoke an OA from the person you're dodging? This seems counterproductive (and non-obvious, so either way the power should be clarified).

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Imban said:
This line sure makes sense! :D

Seems like it originally said something else and then was edited to "If you roll 20 or higher but have no healing surges left, your condition doesn't change" without actually removing the inappropriate text.
Can it be a cut and paste error? I'm betting there's a similar phrase in the text nearby.

Imban

First Post
NMcCoy said:
Wouldn't Leaping Dodge (Rogue Utility 16), as written, provoke an OA from the person you're dodging? This seems counterproductive (and non-obvious, so either way the power should be clarified).

EDIT: Whoops, see below post.

Last edited:

Traken

First Post
NMcCoy said:
You can't make OA's on your own turn, assuming that's what you're talking about.

Imban

First Post
Piratecat said:
Can it be a cut and paste error? I'm betting there's a similar phrase in the text nearby.

Yeah, the same snippet is used in the bulletpoint just below it. Looks like a legitimate editing error.

Remove ads