Core Handbook Errors Discussion

Stonesnake

Explorer
Mistakes in the 4th Edition Books

I've just been sort of jumping around the books but I saw a pretty big error...

The Fighter's Level 1 Daily Exploits seem to be missing key wording. In all of the DDXP sheets and the character sheets within the Keep on the Shadowfell the "Brute Strike" power has the wording:

"Miss: You don't expend the use of this power."

This "miss" wording is not included in the PHB ... I would think this is a pretty huge error as the ability to reuse your daily power if you miss is a big deal.

I haven't seen anything else so far but that is pretty disturbing. Anyone find anything else?

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I only have KotS, but the power has the reliable keyword. It is likely that the keyword is explained only once in the rules, avoiding unnecessary repetition.

Nightchilde-2

First Post
Stonesnake said:
This "miss" wording is not included in the PHB ... I would think this is a pretty huge error as the ability to reuse your daily power if you miss is a big deal.

Brutal Strike has the "Reliable" keyword, which means if it misses, the power isn't used up (the keywords are described towards the beginning of the Class chapter)

Edit: SNEAK ATTACKED by ninjae!

dervish

First Post
The "Miss:" entry is only included in the KotS character's ability because it would take up more space to describe the "Reliable" keyword than just note that the ability isn't expended on a miss.

I did see some other things in the PHB that would need errataing. I believe there is one ranger power that lists damage as [W] without a number. I guess it's 2[W] or 3[W], but it does need clarification.

Shado

Explorer
Flazzy said:
Swordmaster's Steel Grace: allows you to use Containing Strike as part of a charge, yet no such power exists.

Mechanically, Tide of Iron seems to fill the evocative to a name like "Containing Strike."

However, I wouldn't be surprised if the errata changes it to Sure Strike.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Shado said:
Mechanically, Tide of Iron seems to fill the evocative to a name like "Containing Strike."

However, I wouldn't be surprised if the errata changes it to Sure Strike.
Any of the At-wills can make sense for this.

However I'm betting it will be Surestrike. Essentially this gives you a choice between assured, but very low damage (Reaping Strike), or a slightly better chance to hit for a lot more damage.

malraux

First Post
I don't think anyone's called this one yet. PHB 226: The text immediately above the Special heading is misplaced and should go with the holy avenger text.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases