Core Handbook Errors Discussion

Family

First Post
Now that many people are reading the books I thought I would bump this thread. Any typographical errors, format errors, or broken gameplay mechanics are welcome here.

Eryndur

Explorer
I'm not sure if this a mistake, but I definitely don't understand it:

The Paragon Tier Feat "Point Blank Shot" on p.204 states, "If you make a ranged attack against a foe within 5 squares of you, your attack ignores cover and concealment, including superior cover but not total concealment."

Shouldn't superior cover and total concealment be reversed here? How could you nail a guy standing behind a 20 foot high rock wall, but not someone who's just standing in total darkness?

Kordeth

First Post
Eryndur said:
I'm not sure if this a mistake, but I definitely don't understand it:

The Paragon Tier Feat "Point Blank Shot" on p.204 states, "If you make a ranged attack against a foe within 5 squares of you, your attack ignores cover and concealment, including superior cover but not total concealment."

Shouldn't superior cover and total concealment be reversed here? How could you nail a guy standing behind a 20 foot high rock wall, but not someone who's just standing in total darkness?

Superior cover isn't "guy standing behind a rock wall," it's "guy standing behind a rock wall with a tiny arrow slit."

Wormwood

Adventurer
Eryndur said:
Because the standing behind a 20' wall removes you from line of sight entirely.

Superior cover would be standing behind an arrow slit in a 20' wall.

Total Concealment, on the other hand, is effective invisibility.

edit: ummmm...like Kordeth said. Serves me right for not having the book handy ;)

Eryndur

Explorer
Kordeth said:
Superior cover isn't "guy standing behind a rock wall," it's "guy standing behind a rock wall with a tiny arrow slit."

Ah, you are correct. I forgot the difference between total cover and superior cover. Thanks for clearing that up!

until proven otherwise: minion attributes seem weired on many low level minions...

they don´t follow the rule at the beginning of the monster manual where they are explained.... no exception for minion is mentioned besides "exeption based design" philosophy...

komi

First Post
TYPO:

On page 276 in the PHB under the Valenae example, it says the encounter power of a thundering longsword does 10 damage, when it should be 1d8 (p. 236).

godfear

Explorer
Kobold Slinger: Glue Shot

In the Monster Manual (p. 168) and Keep on the Shadowfell(p. 16 and others), the Kobold Slinger's "Gluepot" Special Shot ability targets AC and deals damage in addition to its immobilizing effect. In the DMG short adventure Kobold Hall (p. 212), the "Glue Shot" Ability targets Reflex and only has the immobilizing effect. Might have been trying to simplify (and alter tech) in the short adventure, which is intended as an introduction, but I would like to know if it was intentional or accidental.

Last edited:

mrtomsmith

First Post
The index entry in the DMG for "Terrain Features" refers to page 110, which is the "Setting Details" sub-section with a paragraph on relating Terrain Features to setting and plot, rather than the actual full section on Terrain Features, found on pages 60-69.

Wisdom Penalty

First Post
PHB, p. 71.

Level 23 Enc Prayer - Haunting Strike

Level 27 Enc Prayer - Punishing Strike

They are identical except the level difference and other than the fact the L23 Enc Prayer give a +2 power bonus whereas the higher L27 Enc Prayer does not.

In other words - they are the same Power, except the lower level power is actually better than the upper level Power.

Remove ads