• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Core (or nearly) way to See Invisible?

Sejs

First Post
Uh let's see.

6,480gp by my calculations. The proposed item would break down something like so:

Eyes of the Unseen
Slot: Lens
Effect: See Invisibility on wearer 3/day upon command.
Activation: Command Word.
Caster Level: 3rd.
Duration per Activation: 30 minutes.

Spell Level (2nd) x Caster Level (3rd) x 1,800gp (command word activated) = 10,800 gp.
10,800 gp x 0.6 (3/day) = 6,480 gp market value.

It's gotta be a command-word activated item.

Use-activated does not make much sense in this case, as that would mean putting on the glasses activates them - which is probably not what you want to happen.

The formula for an at-will command activated item is:

Spell Level * Caster Level * 1,800gp

For See Invisibility (Sor/Wiz 2, 10 minutes / level), that's:

2 * 3 * 1,800gp = 10,800gp

Now, when something is useable less than 5 times per day, you get a cost decrease equal to:

Regular Price / (5 / Uses per Day)

So, since this is useable three times per day, the final price will be:

10,800gp / (5 / 3) = 6,480gp

EDIT: In other words, the Cube is wise. Listen to the Cube. :D

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Thanks for the verification Patryn. With three different prices listed, it was definitely a big help. :)

Looks like I'll ask my DM about picking up a Visor of the Unseen.

Now I just need to save up the money for some sort of teleport or dimension door effect to avoid those nasty Wall spells. :p

Nareau

Explorer
Not exactly what you're looking for...but take 7 levels of sorceror, the Improved Familiar feat, and pick up a pseudodragon. Permanent blindsense in a familiar has served one of my players extremely well!

Spider

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Spider said:
Not exactly what you're looking for...but take 7 levels of sorceror, the Improved Familiar feat, and pick up a pseudodragon.
At that price, even the Gem of Seeing looks good! :p
Permanent blindsense in a familiar has served one of my players extremely well!
I can imagine. If I were already a sorcerer, I'd consider spending a feat on Improved Familiar, but as a paladin that's not an option.

As it is, after my character spends his current gold, he'll have gained Darkvision 60' and See Invisibility 3/day. Not bad for a human, I think. No low-light vision or blindsense, but you can't have everything. :p

Dragonblade

Adventurer
Check out Heroes of Battle. There is a training ability that doesn't even cost a feat; just gotta meet the prerequisites and train with your fellow party members.

Then whenever any single party member can see or locate an invisible foe, everyone else in the party also knows where the invisible foe is as long as the party members can communicate.

colinfit20

Explorer
Reg: See Invisible

Lets see you could try for a potion of detect magic or have the ability imbued to your sword so it radiates if someone comes with range particularly good if you've been watching the Fellowship of the Ring although that detected orcs.
How about a bag of flour although that will only work once you know there's someone invisible and not a ghost.
In the encyclopaedia arcane for divination there's anumber of feats that may help most notably they require Alertness as a prerequisite, but I siggest if you get to read that book check out Awareness and don't forget to look through the rest.
The other option is buying a wand of dispel magic or invisibility purge better yet get that as a sword ability but don't talk about its invisibility purge ability to the others it'll make those foes stand out more if they don't know you're the one with the weapon that reveals them.

J-Buzz

First Post
NimrodvanHall said:
there is a ring that allows permanent true seeing for 20k
its in xxxx damnit i cant recall the name :mad: its an adventure about kialranshalee the drow goddess of necromancy set in the forgottenrealms during Lloths silence.

City of the Spider Queen??

Shadeus

First Post
Did you put any ranks in Spot? It's a DC 20 check to spot someone who is invisible and moving. Then maybe a relatively cheap boost to Spot might be a possible solution. I know it's a cross-class for paladins, but it might be worth it esp. if you have a decent Wis bonus.

Sejs

First Post
Another option would be the spell Listening Lorecall from Complete Adventurer. It's a 2nd level spell that lasts 10 minutes per casting, so the cost and duration per use on a 3/day item would come out the same as with the item of See Invisibility outlined above. Listening Lorecall gives you a +4 insight bonus on Listen checks, and if you have 5 or more ranks in Listen, grats you 30' blindsense. If you have 10 or more ranks in Listen it instead grants you 30' blindsight. And as one would imagine, Silence effects negate the blindsense/sight within their area.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads