CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

Lord Zack

Explorer
I was not familiar with that so I had to look it up. You mean the park from the movie Westworld? It looks interesting, with some potential for adventures including the classic "Holodeck Malfunction" type of event like in the movie. Other adventures might involve the park's competitors, which might include Hologram Fun World, owned by Lando Calrissian and having a facility on a space station over Earth. Might have a corporate espionage "Shadowrun"-type scenario, or or one or one where the PCs are trying to thwart such attempts. You might also have the PCs help people from the park investigate distant, exotic and potentially dangerous locations for expansions of the park. The park may have been bought by a company with experience in cybernetics, like Genom, Wayland-Yutani or Cyberdyne.

Last edited:

Yeah, it's the one from the movie. Would be fusioned with the one of the TV series, which means 1) bigger "Westworld" area (and the "Medieval World" section would have a small "simulated Westeros" section, as per that idea GRRM tried to toss to the series developer fellas) and 2) overall upgrade to the robots (although guess there's some of the 'older' models here and there (The Gunslinger is obviously one)). Dunno... pocket universe? The thing is HUGE on the TV series.

All right, so it would be a hybrid of the film and tv series parks. Essentially, it's an upgraded version of the film park up to... well... current tech standards, so to speak.

Lord Zack

Explorer
If the park is supposed to be that big- maybe it's a space station?

Kronos182, if your interested in starting out another mobile suit at some point, I'd suggest the MSER-04 Anf: http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/MSER-04_Anf

It's primitive, even more so then the Zaku I, but that just makes it cheaper and easier to produce. Just about anybody would ne able to get their hands on this mobile suit and operate it. Some models run on fossil fuels!

kronos182

Adventurer
I'll add the MSER-04 Anf to list of things of do. First I want to get a couple of Rebel Alliance fighters done.. so Y-wing and X-wing most likely.. finish work on the 40K Space Marine and template for making your own chapter with different mutations/failed organs, and I think there was one other Gundam you wanted me to make, but forget what it was off hand.

AnimeSniper

Explorer
Space Station... Why not A Dyson Sphere

@Lord Zack instead of a generic space station like seen in the Battlestar Galatica 2003 series the Botanical Explorer why not make it a Dyson Sphere that appears in a Lagrange Point or in the Asteroid Belt and begins broadcasting a signal for the party to discover. if its in the asteroid belt the Dyson Sphere could be catching the odd asteroid to begin mass production of the androids seen in the original films.

Last edited:

kronos182

Adventurer
Aren't Dyson Spheres supposed to surround suns, mostly for the purpose of drawing power.. at least as originally proposed.
ALTHOUGH.. the idea of the shell/ring using a network of smaller satellites to surround an object, would allow it to encompass different sized objects.. although there would have to be a minimum size to the object.. like a planetoid at least the size of our moon, but probably should be bigger.

Which, if we use the idea of it broadcasting a signal for the party to discover (wherever it happens to be), with a large number of smaller satellites (each still a large size), they could actually explore several in a "decent" amount of time, but don't have to explore all, as some might be damaged beyond repair.. and they could maybe use as a base of operation or sell for scrap while the main network can be made operational without the missing piece?

Lord Zack

Explorer
The other mobile suit I wanted you to do was the RGM-79, the Earth Federation's first true mass-production mobile suit.

Regarding the role of the GM in Coreline I imagine that the Federation would seek to upgrade their GMs to the more advanced GM III (including versions with equipment from earlier specialized variants) as soon as possible. However they might allow the earlier GM models to be used by allied factions, colony guards, PMCs, etc. Anaheim Electronics might produce these GMs, but there is of course the possibility of knock-offs being built by others as well. I imagine that many GMs might be equipped with beam rifles, probably the version used by the GM II, instead of beam spray guns.

Remove ads