CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

Yucatan Peninsula I think is a "Fallout"-style wasteland with mutagenic goo. Think Raptorial created that detail. There could still be a base there, though.

Korpulu Sector ideas sound good.

Considering strategic games, I was trying to think about whether or not to add stuff from "Civilization: Beyond Earth" to the setting.

Lord Zack

Explorer
There is plenty of room in the galaxy for more stuff. Though the space around Sol is probably pretty crowded. For instance, Klingon territory overlaps with that of the Federated Suns! That's not necessarily a bad thing, though. It gives plenty of potential adventure opportunities. The idea of Klingons fighting 'Mechs, maybe buying or building their own mecha as well is pretty awesome.

What about the "Riah Accord" idea? I need to develop it more, but I think it would be interesting. Bad guys can try to use loopholes in the rules for their own ends and the players can try to stop them. The villain group I've been working on, which I currently have no other name for besides, "the Conspiracy," would be heavily involved in the creation of the Accords, using them to further their own ends.

I've also been working on a series of scenarios for Warhammer, focusing on Hawaii during and shortly after the 23 hours.

Last edited:

kronos182

Adventurer
There is plenty of room in the galaxy for more stuff. Though the space around Sol is probably pretty crowded. For instance, Klingon territory overlaps with that of the Federated Suns! That's not necessarily a bad thing, though. It gives plenty of potential adventure opportunities. The idea of Klingons fighting 'Mechs, maybe buying or building their own mecha as well is pretty awesome.

What about the "Riah Accord" idea? I need to develop it more, but I think it would be interesting. Bad guys can try to use loopholes in the rules for their own ends and the players can try to stop them. The villain group I've been working on, which I currently have no other name for besides, "the Conspiracy," would be heavily involved in the creation of the Accords, using them to further their own ends.

Hmm... Giant Batleth wielding mechs..
What is the Riah Accord? I think i semi remember mention of this, but I don't remember these.. or the Conspiracy.

Not just that... imagine transforming mechs that borrow the "Death Glider" design, modify it so it's more like a Bath'let, and then go to town. Guess they are giant walking blades.

The idea of the Accord works. Allows for pirates but if, say for example, the Ctarl-Ctarl try to invade, they will find out the HARD way that they are not "invincible".

Hmm... or maybe the Shadows... probably the Vorlons and the Shadows are keeping at their game but knowing now that people know how insidious they are (anybody with an Amazon Prime account does) and with things like the Accord disallowing them to use their big guns, it means both sides have gone back to playing shadow games.

Considering other conspiracies, one that had been on my mind ever since this whole thing started is called "Obsessive Dot Com", which is kind of the greatest collection of those archetypical "people who will do anything, including kidnapping and murder, to be able to proclaim that they the ones with 'the most toys'" kind of villains in... well... probably the galaxy.

kronos182

Adventurer
Not just that... imagine transforming mechs that borrow the "Death Glider" design, modify it so it's more like a Bath'let, and then go to town. Guess they are giant walking blades.

The idea of the Accord works. Allows for pirates but if, say for example, the Ctarl-Ctarl try to invade, they will find out the HARD way that they are not "invincible".

Hmm... or maybe the Shadows... probably the Vorlons and the Shadows are keeping at their game but knowing now that people know how insidious they are (anybody with an Amazon Prime account does) and with things like the Accord disallowing them to use their big guns, it means both sides have gone back to playing shadow games.

Considering other conspiracies, one that had been on my mind ever since this whole thing started is called "Obsessive Dot Com", which is kind of the greatest collection of those archetypical "people who will do anything, including kidnapping and murder, to be able to proclaim that they the ones with 'the most toys'" kind of villains in... well... probably the galaxy.

If the mech transforms, I think a klingon one would transform into something like a bird of prey or vorcha cruiser.. actually.. most Klingon ship designs don't lend well to transforming mechs.. except the Negh'Var flagship.. and that's pushing it. Although a flying Bath'let could work, the problem is not a good combat design (ramming to attack) as Klingon while can seem suicidal don't always see suicidal attacks as honorable.
Hmm... I might make it work..

Lord Zack

Explorer
Basically I imagine the Accord as having two main effects. First the Accord forbids any of its signatories (which are all interstellar powers with some interest in Earth) from having too many military forces on Earth (possibly also covering orbit, the Lagrange Points and the Moon as well, basically the entire Earth Sphere/System) or engaging in most military actions. Second, all signatories are required to protect the Earth from attacks from outside forces. There would be other provisions, such as, not too stringent limitations on the import of certain technologies, which doesn't prevent say, Section 31 from having mobile suit plants built at a Federation shipyard, using advanced technology like replicators to quickly build mobile weapons and then funneling some of them to their allies in Zeon and the Titans (all of these are members of the Conspiracy I alluded to)...

kronos182

Adventurer
Basically I imagine the Accord as having two main effects. First the Accord forbids any of its signatories (which are all interstellar powers with some interest in Earth) from having too many military forces on Earth (possibly also covering orbit, the Lagrange Points and the Moon as well, basically the entire Earth Sphere/System) or engaging in most military actions. Second, all signatories are required to protect the Earth from attacks from outside forces. There would be other provisions, such as, not too stringent limitations on the import of certain technologies, which doesn't prevent say, Section 31 from having mobile suit plants built at a Federation shipyard, using advanced technology like replicators to quickly build mobile weapons and then funneling some of them to their allies in Zeon and the Titans (all of these are members of the Conspiracy I alluded to)...

Ah, cool.
Oh.. about replicators.. there is stuff that replicators can't create.. also even with a large enough replicator a FULL mech isn't something that can just be whipped up in a matter of minutes.. need raw materials, the components that can't be replicated, and time to assemble.. BUT.. I'd say a well stocked and organized location, such as a Federation style manufacturing plant could probably assemble something like the mass produced GMs in a matter of days (provided all parts are there and man power available) especially during war time conditions.. say.. 1d4+2 days if all parts, material and manpower per mech. And assuming a decent sized plant.. could produce anywhere from say.. 5 to 10 at a time. Maybe have 4 lines for GMs, two for heavier ones (take an extra day or so).. and one for special units that take longer and more resources.

If "decent-sized" is the size of an average warehouse, then that leaves a pretty large amount of space out there where Section 31 can conceal a surprise phaser-wielding Gouf wing for deployment...

kronos182

Adventurer
If "decent-sized" is the size of an average warehouse, then that leaves a pretty large amount of space out there where Section 31 can conceal a surprise phaser-wielding Gouf wing for deployment...

A decent sized warehouse converted into a production line is only going to be able to have maybe.. 3 to 6 lines MAX.. production takes up a LOT of space. and most warehouses are not TALL enough to stand a mech up (let alone a door to let them walk out of easily), they have to be done laying down and rolled out the building that way. If a mech is 50 feet tall, and say 25ish wide in total.. you'll need at least 3 times that area just for assembling. Not counting storage of the components, fuel, ammunition to be loaded, administration/production crew areas that are needed for lunch/washrooms.

Remove ads