CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

Considering that anybody with access to a Wiki knows about the Blakist Jihad, they really don't have an option BUT to stay in the shadows.

There may be some Blakists that went over to the Adeptus Mechanicus, but the groups that took them in are probably Heretek practitioners (a Battlemech is pretty much a cheaper Titan, in their eyes. The FTL communications tech comes in handy, though, because that means that these Mechanicus groups don't depend on Astropaths to broadcast information amongst themselves), with some degree of paranoia as a result.

Continuing on the 40K angle, Zack, I thought at the beginning that there's no Imperial Palace remnants on Earth (as far as others have been able to find. No Golden Throne has been found -- however, the Astronomican remains and it burns pretty bright). I had the idea that there's an official order from the Emperor, broadcasted during the 23 Hours, to not go into a Crusade to take back Earth... well, yet. Rumors go all over the place from the Emperor sipping margaritas in Baja to just waiting for us to be hanging ourselves long enough to make taking over easier. This leads to further schism amongst the "canon" Imperium factions, those who wish to obey the orders of the God-Emperor and those who want to go "screw this! We'll take over Terra RIGHT NOW, dammit! The Emperor is going to order it anyway, so why not show some initiative?"

Although I'm okay with saying that there's some pieces of the Palace still around and the High Lords are holed up in them if that sounds better.

Hmm.... things being what they are, I wonder if this means there's a drop in the exchange rate for the C-Note?

Last edited:

Lord Zack

Explorer
I definitely think the High Lords of Terra should be somewhere on Coreline.They have the potential to cause problems for the Imperium, making sure it isn't too much a threat to the rest of the galaxy as well as being potential threats that characters have to deal with. If Terra isn't available to them, then perhaps they could have Necromunda as a temporary capital. Without the bureaucracy of the Administratum the ability of the High Lords to actually govern is pretty limited. They will have to rely heavily on the Inquisition to keep the Imperium together and fight treason and heresy. Of course the Inquisition is supposed to answer only to the Emperor, so they wouldn't necessarily be working in concert.

One thing the High Lords would do is declare Lord Castellan Ursarkar E. Creed to be war master, giving him total authority of all forces defending against the 13th Black Crusade. Lord Solar Creed as he is now styled has used these powers and his tactical genius to prevent Cadia from falling to Chaos. He has even accepted various allies, including the Ynnari, the Necrons and others.

I am thinking about how we could bring in Warhammer 30000 elements. I don't think they need to be disruptive any more than the Warhammer 40000 elements.

Well, that one's a doozy. Best thing I can think of is that Fictional stuff from that era has popped up pretty often, which means an increase of Dark Age tech in the hands of "modern day" (so to speak) Imperium forces.

One small additional note: was thinking there is still an Eye of Terror, but it's smaller than its canonical size because of a calm(er... ish) Warp. And Cadia is still standing.

The Global Defense Initiative is still an active group. As in its canon, it's an armed force subservient to the United Nations. There is also a large number of C&C forces ("Red Alert", "Tiberium" and "Generals" universes) working for other world militaries (the fan fiction "Operation: ENDGAME" has a moment in which President Steve Rogers gets a briefing of what U.S. forces are under attack by CHIMERA and a few C&C things are mentioned among the list -- heck, Sheppard is the one telling him all of that).

I was thinking whether or not to have superhero groups that were part of the UN ("Stormwatch" and "Overwatch", off the top of my head) reactivated and becoming part of GDI or their own (probably fusioned) entity.

There is also the status of NERV to discuss. My current headcanon is that it's still active as yet another part of the United Nations forces (Angels and Kaiju in general and people scavenging Evangelions and associated (including from universes of shows that have similar stuff because of "following the leader") technology for their own purposes are two facts that make it worth keeping around) and even if they have placed someone they can trust behind the wheel (maybe Katsuragi? Or someone else like, I don't know, that Gordon guy from the "Godzilla" movies?) the taint of Gendo Ikari's manipulations is still in the air and will never leave (Tokyo-3 has its fair share of spies amongst the population, as one of many results. There is also the fact that many versions of Ikari that have been arrested and interviewed have made it clear that the fact they are in an entirely different universe with people that know of their crimes and perfect proof that their efforts will come to nothing "make no difference".

They have also tried to blow Lilith up. Another one just appears. Transferring them away also doesn't works -- that also makes another one appear, although there is a containment facility someplace in the rear end of Systems Alliance space or Delta Quadrant or maybe even one of the other galaxies in which they placed them nevertheless.

Regarding SEELE and WILLE... well... still no clue there. Guess they are somewhat hostile).

Then again... this is all subject to change, at the current moment.

Last edited:

Lord Zack

Explorer
I don't think a limited number of Great Crusade/Horus Heresy forces need to be considered that much of a threat. As long as they are equally as divided as the 40k Imperium, their threat to the galaxy is limited. For instance there would be multiple claimants to the title of Warmaster of Chaos. Horus, Abaddon, alternates thereof, alternates of other characters, some of which, like one alternate of Sigismund, have different allegiances to their canon counterparts. Chaos and Imperium forces would likely also focus on each other as well.

I don't think the size of the Eye of Chaos matters, just as long as Cadia stands.

Last edited:

If the Eye of Chaos is a physical manifestation of the Warp and the oodles of bad stuff in it, then I guess it being smaller represents the Warp being more calm or.. well... yeah... bit more hopeful, in terms of 40K stuff.

Lord Zack

Explorer
One thing I've been thinking of is having Space Marine Chapters (including successors) derived from what are in canon Traitor Legions, as well as having Traitor Legion versions of loyalist 1st founding Legions/Chapters. Imagine the Salamanders as a horde of psychotic pyromaniacs, or the War Hounds as a chapter of ferocious, but ultimately noble warriors (though that means they are very much like the canon Space Wolves).

NERV probably has some connections to the United Earth Federation Alliance through Londo Bell.

Remove ads