CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

It's "Sokovia". Current headcanon is that the SHRA is active as a law in the United States but is the most absolutely unobtrusive version of it that is possible (mostly as a gigantic middle finger to Tony Stark). Dunno what would be the best official document to compare it to, but what Stark wanted (the SHRA as written in the comics.... exactly) and how it is on the Line are very different.

Maybe it's kind of like whatever laws Quirks have in BNHA, but even that has changes (using a power for self-defense is not an automatic book-throw by the cops, although there's probably going to be some additional questions to ask during the investigation, being a superhero is a job you need a license for, but depending on jurisdiction and things like another super vouching for you a license can be obtained with a weekend training or it takes a full-blown course).

The adventure idea is still pretty sound. Fiction being what it is, doesn't takes much for a guy to pop out of the shadows and try to change the rules to fit whatever scheme he has going.

And outside of civilization, almost anything goes when it comes to vehicle weapons. The hard part of outfitting a motorhome with a tank cannon is finding the tank cannon, installing the tank cannon, and finding a supply of tank cannon ammo in the wild.

I guess a version of the motor home made by a paramilitary group would either aim to be a better mobile base, troop carrier, or intelligence vehicle and switch to weapons easier to acquire like more machine guns. Or maybe even just ditch it and change it for more proper gear. Including, ironically, maybe a bed.

Checking through my old stuff, I found an old Car Wars rulebook. Now I wonder that RV would do well carrying a team of people following a Trucker Brotherhood convoy.

Last edited:

kronos182

Adventurer
The idea I had was for a version that took a few things out to avoid a Military Restriction.

Depending where it's built, most automatic weapons are restricted or military.. so if you could get some Licenced rifles, modified them to semi or full auto, this act in itself is illegal in many areas.
Flamethrowers... dicey territory on legality..

Unless such a vehicle is produced by the companies that build those armoured SUVs with the miniguns, which again require SERIOUS licencing/restriction, but then it'd be limited to at most a single .50 cal, and a few machineguns, maybe a grenade launcher.

Lord Zack

Explorer
I believe it's been suggested that DC also has laws regulating the usage of super-powered beings abilities.

Who named Coreline, in universe? Reed Richards perhaps?

Last edited:

Only one I truly can admit of hearing about being applied is one where supers are allowed to witness with their secret identities.

And the JSA disbanding because they weren't gonna take McCarthy calling them "communists".

And a one-issue story in "Power Girl" where PG and Batman manage to defuse some bunch of Jack Bauer wannabes from creating an "anti-superpowered-terrorism" law (although I guess it was more like screwing them over because they wanted to make some poor guy with Qurac immigrant parents from being used as its foundation).

Never established who called the Core Timeline just that. Implication I think was someone declared it the "Core Timeline" with that exact term and someone on the street cut it down to "Coreline" and the street adopted it.

I admit of being a big fan of that line by William Gibson, "the street finds its own uses for things".

If you think Richards named it the "Core Timeline", it sounds cool (being such a precise term it's obviously got to be him or some other big-wig scientist-type that wants to be precise). The question then becomes who coined the street term.

Lord Zack

Explorer
Could be some random person, but I'm thinking maybe a famous NPC from Shadowrun. I'm just not familiar enough with Shadowrun to say who exactly off the top of my head.

I had an idea that the Fel Dynasty and the ruling family of the Third Imperium from Traveller may have allied together in the traditional manner among nobility and royalty. That being a royal marriage.

Last edited:

Lord Zack

Explorer
I've been thinking about how to incorporate EVE Online into Coreline. My basic ideas are that the EVE Gate becomes accessible and allows the various Corporations and Alliances access to the Coreline Milky Way. They flock to the more lawless areas of space, like the Shackleton Expanse (from Star Trek Adventures, and also an area of interest for the Galactic Empire) and the Galactic Rim. Local governments possibly start contracting shipbuilding corporations to build vessels using New Eden technology, possibly including the massive (Super Star Destroyer) sized Titans. Things start blowing up.

Remove ads