CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

Lord Zack

Explorer
This would be beyond their sphere of influence. However, its not so distant that they would not be interested. Mostly they wouldn't get involved, though all Klingons might not adhere to this policy.

Thing is Klingons aren't that monolithic. They have different factions and Houses, with their own motivations, some of which have considerable resources, possibly including their own fleets.

Last edited:

Lord Zack

Explorer
The Imperium has had failed crusades before, notably the Damocles Gulf Crusade. The scale of the conflict in this case warrants it being a crusade, which is basically just the Imperium's name for a large scale conflict involving multiple worlds. The Black Templars alone pursue multiple crusades at all times.

Lord Zack

Explorer
I figure it would be named for the sector in question, which I haven't named yet.

I think it might be interesting if the Empire hired Mechwarriors to fight the Imperium's Titans. Could an Atlas BattleMech beat a Imperator Titan? I don't know, but I bet the fight would be spectacular.

Last edited:

Oh, definitely.

You know, with all of this crazy, it's pretty sure that people all over the place would replicate Imperium tech and give it their own spin. Cadillac Gage gets restarted and makes Leman Russes. Chenowth Racing makes Tauros. BlasTech makes Lascannons. Maybe the good Imperium has some licensing, but the canon version sees this all as Heretek, but Inquisitors being what they are probably have purchased some units in secret.

Also.... was thinking (but not really determined yet) that Earth being what it is, the local Jedi Temple (over on Boston) is pretty much "Antarctica" -- the people sent there are the ones who are misfits and don't follow the Code to a "T", and are kind of expected to Go Darkseid because they got drunk or something eventually.

Beats Agricorps.

What do you guys say?

Last edited:

Lord Zack

Explorer
I definitely think that you might see other factions replicating Imperium tech. The whole point of the STC system was to allow new colonies to be able to build whatever tech they needed easily. However even without an STC it should be more than possible to reverse engineer Imperium technology from wrecks or whatever.

Lord Zack

Explorer
Well there are of course multiple versions of Santa and related figures. Perhaps they have formed a Council of Santas to collaborate and pool resources. Also Santa can call upon many allies if something impedes him. There is the Great Ak and his subjects in the Forest of Burzee (from L Frank Baum's The Life & Adventures of Santa Claus), the Power Rangers, Jack Skellington, etc.

Guess the NORAD Santa tracking department has had to get an upgrade.

BTW, I was thinking... used to think, like, a billion years ago that if this ever got a "gear" book, it would be called "Welcome To The Bunker". Idea was that it would be like a weapons catalogue written by Washu Hakubi for her underground weapons sales or something (think the way the "Planet Mercenary" RPG is written).

I guess it would be different nowadays. Starting with the title, which I guess reflects a more "Borderlands" approach to things.

"Multiple Methods of Murder and Mayhem".

Remove ads