CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

Lord Zack

Explorer
You know I imagine many alternates of Malcom Reynolds wanting to obtain a ftl drive for Serenity, so he and his crew can just leave Alliance territory. Mind you I think that the Firefly "'verse" exists on the fringes of UED territory and that the Alliance is effectively a UED vassal state, so it would be slightly harder for them to avoid entanglements related to their past with the Alliance, but the better the FTL drive they obtain, the further they can get away.

Lord Zack

Explorer
The big problem I've experienced is collating all the information available. Like how many planets are in the Alpha Centauri system? There's Chiron/Planet from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, the Polymepheus and it's moon Pandora from Avatar, Proxima Centauri 3 in Babylon 5, just to name a few. Then there are the planets belonging to the United Federation of Planets, the Imperium of Man, the United Earth Directorate, etc.

That being said, there are some good maps of space out there we could use as a basis, including those from the Traveller rpg.

Last edited:

kronos182

Adventurer
I'm pretty sure B5 isn't in alpha centauri as that's too close to earth to I think.. I've got one of the b5 RPGs books that might have a map..
I'd say first we pick one universe to use as a base.. star trek for example.. then we make sure the well known planets are mapped and major trek empires. Then we can start plugging in other similar universes like say b5 into it as many systems are the same, at least within the near earth systems. The firefly system we pick one within a suitable distance from earth. Plug in wh40k stuff. Place wormholes and other spacial anomalies where we want, like path to sw galaxy.
So some in theory we can make the milky way bigger than it really is if we want.

kronos182

Adventurer
No, I mean the Earth Alliance colony Proxima Centauri 3 from the series Babylon 5.
I read that backwards... I really shouldn't be answering questions at 3 in the morning after a 12 hour shift.
But like I said, we need to pick one as a base just to cut our work down then fill in the extra

Lord Zack

Explorer
I would suggest that the Traveller maps be used as the basis, given their comprehensiveness.

I suggest using Worldographer for the maps. It should already have everything needed to do star maps. Of course it can do local maps as well.

Last edited:

Remove ads