CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

Doc_Pippin

Explorer
Awesomeness In a nutshell.

That's the size of, what, a Light Mech at least?

At least, also remember:
1) R2-D2 is small size so for him it might not be light to him
2) That thing is at least 30ft tall before extending its digitigrade legs which would put it around the same size as a normal AT-ST.
3) That mech has way more support than most Star Wars walkers, I don't remember how much an AT-ST weighed but canonically it could carry three people and 500 tons of cargo and typically a light mech weighs under 30 tons

kronos182

Adventurer
At least, also remember:
1) R2-D2 is small size so for him it might not be light to him
2) That thing is at least 30ft tall before extending its digitigrade legs which would put it around the same size as a normal AT-ST.
3) That mech has way more support than most Star Wars walkers, I don't remember how much an AT-ST weighed but canonically it could carry three people and 500 tons of cargo and typically a light mech weighs under 30 tons

That mech looks to be only about 4 to 4.5 R2's high, and if R2 is roughly 3.5 to 4 feet max (using round numbers), then that mech is only about 20 ft tall.
Is that ammo canisters over the left shoulder for the gun on the right arm?

Doc_Pippin

Explorer
That is assuming that the R2 is a normal R2 unit, but as we have seen in the Naboo N-1 Starfighter, R2 units can be modified to fit where needed while looking normal. If you compare it to the fully grown soldier fighting alongside it the height is different. As for the canisters on the shoulder they can be either seismic charges or oversized cylinder-shaped proton grenades like those used by the Rebels in the films, these are either thrown like massive mech grenades or manually loaded into the right shoulder tube and fired like a mortar or a missile. The primary firearm is a combination gun with the lower, round barrel firing actual projectiles, being for breeching or bypassing shields and the upper rectangular barrel acting like a powerful sub-turbo laser or gauss rifle. Extra ammunition for both barrels is stored in the boxes stored on the legs and on the torso under the arms. However, that is just what I have been able to find about the image, I am not Fan Zhang and he didn’t answer my email full of questions, so I am just going off of the consensus of the group that showed me the image.

Doc_Pippin

Explorer
Seeing the interest in that last picture I gathered some others from the same group that had the last one. Enjoy!

R2-D2Mech (1).jpg
R2-D2Mech (2).jpg
R2-D2Mech (3).jpg

BB-8.jpg
BB-8(2).jpg
BB-8Armed.jpg

BabyYoda2.jpg
BabyYoda1.jpg

Corellian YT-1300f.jpg

X-Wing.jpg
Tie1.jpg
Tie2.jpg

And this one is just puzzling, like imagine the thousands of people inside this next one

800px-Crossovers-toy_AnakinVader.jpg

AT-STMech.jpg

AT-STTransformed.jpg
TrooperBear.jpg

VaderPowerArmor.jpg

Vader.jpg

MandoMech.jpg

TrooperMech.jpg

InColor.jpg

Remove ads