• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Correlya

Correlya

First Post
I'd like to invite you to take a look at a new roleplaying game called Correlya. It offers the following to the fantasy rpg genre:

Modular character design
Classless PCs
Character abilities/spells superceding magical items
Seamless, realistic, "round"less combat
A fantastical world far removed from medievil earth.
15 Unique Races
Limitless, player-driven character advancement.

If you are interested, please check out the following site:

http://www.lulu.com/content/377803

Feedback is appreciated!

android

First Post
I saw this post the other day and checked out the site. It's pretty cheap for a 300+ page book so I said "what the hell?" and I ordered it. It came the other day and the quality is nice. I've never ordered anything from lulu before but it's good.

The game itself is pretty neat. Though he describes "classless" PCs, that doesn't really mean that they're rude and crude. It just means that you don't pick a class like you do in D&D. You basically earn points that you can put into various abililties and attributes and skills. So you can really customize what you want your character to be.

The book contains both the rules and the setting so it's kind of like two books in one if you look at it that way. There aren't any adventures for it, though, so you'd have to make up your own. I don't know if that's coming later or what.

All in all, I'd say it's an impressive book for a independant developer and it has some really cool ideas. The combat timing is probably my favorite thing so far. It seems like it really allows your combats to flow and be realistic.

Nice job Mr. Correlya!

Uns

First Post
My buddy introduced us to this game last weekend. It was a refreshing look on roleplaying and although we havent gotten really into the new campaign, i can see the freedom and ability to progress as i want instead of just writting down a new feat or skill as in oter systems!

Good times ahead.

Correlya

First Post
Sure, be happy to.

Basically, all actions have a different duration. These durations are tracked on a master time table. Therefore, your combat ability depends not only on the power-level of the action you choose but also on the duration of that action. Rounds are not needed because you get to pick a new action whenever you want- it just gets added to the master time table.

This is a simplified explanation, but the basic premise is there. Interestingly, round-based combat actually takes longer than the seamless combat in my system. Everyone is always doing something at all times. Additionally, you can cancel or change actions at any time.

Although rounds were presumably created in other systems to simplify things, I find them to be not only clunky and unrealistic, but also inefficient. Correlya removes these problems from gameplay.

Also, for those who would prefer a pdf option, this is also available. Check out both versions at: www.lulu.com/zhantrim

The skull cover is the pdf version and the face cover is the hardcopy.

Remove ads