Critical Role Could Critical Role launch their own RPG?

OB1

Jedi Master
This reminds me that a couple of years ago, between C2 and C3, CR had it's own mini-controversy when it updated it's Fan Content policy to better protect their own IP (including, among other thing, reserving the right to use Fan Content for their own purposes without compensation to the original artists).

I suspect now that they will have to make the same choice that many others are making, looking at the cost/benefit of staying linked to D&D vs going their own way. Since many of the same potential issues would exist if they went with another publisher's game as it would staying with D&D, if they decided to break from D&D I would guess it would be to use their own system.

What I hope is that CR (or anyone who decides to stay with D&D) doesn't get hate-flamed for the decision.

They originally switched from Pathfinder to D&D because Geek&Sundry wanted D&D's much higher name recognition. That's till true, but now Critical Role has very high name recognition of their own.

Imagine a Kickstarter for Critical Role, the Roleplaying Game...
Will that one require a Kindle Unlimited subscription to read the book? ;)

mewzard

Explorer
I'm personally rooting for them to switch to Pathfinder Second Edition, assuming the OGL issues don't cause Paizo issues. Though if they want to do their own gamew, I'd certainly be intrigued to see what it is.

thundershot

Adventurer
Not to target @thundershot but why is there always at least one of these responses in every Actual Play/Live Stream/Critical Role thread?

Not to target me, but you targeted me. I’d delete my post if I could. Sorry for intruding on your thread. I wasn’t putting anyone down.. I just couldn't get into watching other people play without slinging my own dice.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
I wish Crit Role would get out from under D&D's yoke. I'd love to see them use their talents on other games constantly instead of just the occasional other system on a one night special.

I'm honestly surprised they havent started a 2nd streamed game with the core cast (or most of) . Seems like money on the table to me. Imagine a weekly Cyberpunk Red or Shadowrun show.

Reynard

Legend
I wish Crit Role would get out from under D&D's yoke. I'd love to see them use their talents on other games constantly instead of just the occasional other system on a one night special.

I'm honestly surprised they havent started a 2nd streamed game with the core cast (or most of) . Seems like money on the table to me. Imagine a weekly Cyberpunk Red or Shadowrun show.
They have other work. A second stream would probably stretch them pretty thin.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases