Council Member thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xen155

First Post
Nightcloak said:
I have a Proposition for review and proposal.

Since we have decided to eliminate the password and open the forums shortly, I think we need a "sticky” thread or some equivalent that is for recruitment of new members. The first post can be a public message of what the GMF is, the mission statement, or maybe both. The next several posts can detail the rules of the GMF, the forum, and basically “what is what” so to speak.

When we put a link to the GMF in our signatures, recruitment threads, or products (I can dream) it can be a link to this thread. That way, first time visitors immediately get to see our designated message and the forum rules first. Then they can post in that thread for membership. As a bonus, we’ll have easy access to new membership instead of them just “popping” in on existing threads.

Think of it as if the GMF was in an actual building. This thread would be the entrance and foyer while the links would be the cyber space equivalent to a front door.

What does the council think?
I like this idea NightCloak, I think that a members list should also put in this "foyer" to show the potental member how many GMs have joined befor him/her.

BTW: No voting is nessecary on an idea until it has been proposed. (This helps me alot becuase when I see something getting a vote I think i've missed something *shudder*)

Ok, so:
Proposition #3 is on hold
Proposition #5 needs 1 Aye to pass or 2 Nays to fail.
GMF mission statement (proposition #6) open for revision suggestions.
Proposition #9 is open for disscusion.

Last edited:

ChaosEvoker

First Post
@NC Proposal
Excellent idea nd I agree that we shoudl place the members list there as well.

@Mission Statement
If that does capture the idea of the GMF when I founded it, nothing does. I'm willing to start the votes on that if no one ha suggestions for revision

Xen155

First Post
GMF Members! We need your input on the mission statement!

Im growing worried about DungeonMasterCal's abcense, has anybody attempted to get ahold of him sense he returned to the boards?

Still waiting for those last votes on proposition #5.

Y.O.Morales

First Post
Ok. Here are my observations on the mission statement:

Mission Statement:

The Game Master Foundation is an oasis in the Role Playing Game community for all Game Masters to discuss, practice, and share the ideas of their craft with the most recognized and passionate individuals of the industry - other Game Masters.

Maybe changing the 'craft' for 'games' will make it sound more concise. Also, it may be good to change 'industry' for 'hobby', because IMO, RPGS are more of a hobby than an industry.

A Game Master is required to develop and execute the talents of creator, writer, storyteller, rules master, judge, and leader. To have the passion to develop and maintain such diverse talents requires a rare spirit that burns bright. A bright light that is willing to assume the labor of love of becoming a Game Master.

The first paragraph is the most concise of all because it defines what the GMF is. So I suggest continuing that accuracy by saying something like this at the beggining of the 2nd paragraph: "The mission of the GMF is to help and promote... etc. (this would be a sentence like the second of the third paragraph). Then you can add the rest of the second paragraph (which, by the way, is very poetic; I like it) and finish with the first sentence of the third paragraph. I hope I explained myself well.

The Game Master Foundation recognizes and promotes that spirit. Our goal is to help Game Masters realize their vision and achieve their potential. To do this we will provide a forum to promote the exchange of knowledge, the development of skills, and the ability to enjoy such pursuits among like-minded peers. We will develop resources that provide tools, knowledge, and creative ideas for Game Masters. The success we achieve will be the endless hours of gaming our members enjoy.

Yes. I think the same; this sounds more of a vission statement.

I'll leave you all for now 'cause my girlfriend is in a hurry, but I'll return to see what other changes it may need. By the way, congrats NightCloak on such excellent draft.

Last edited:

Y.O.Morales

First Post
Some update on my promised duties:

I emailed Morrus for the 2nd time asking him to make the Council mods and to remove the password. Guess we have to wait.

I haven't forgotten the banner. That will come in time.

Once the password is removed, we make the signup thread as discussed. It would be good to put a 'luring' thread on the main section of ENWorld forums to get more people here.

Nightcloak

First Post
Y.O. Morales:

If you get a second, we have a new member, Rapida, who got in under the radar and hasn't been added to the list yet.

Thanks!

Really, I'd do it myself if and when the updates go through. Until then, I guess we get to poke you :p

Nightcloak

First Post
Y.O.Morales said:
Ok. Here are my observations on the mission statement:

First.

Thanks for the possitive feedback on my first draft. It is appreciated.

Second.

I would like everyones opinions on Y.O.s observations. They are worth discussion. I do consider myself a little biased do to the fact I wrote it. It would be helpful to know what others think.

ChaosEvoker

First Post
Perhaps changing it to "hobby would be best" but I think tha anyone who even knows what a GM is is going to know it is a "game" and I think "craft" just sounds...*flips on teen switch* cooler *flips off teen switch and shrugs*

Questions on GMF

Kay,

Do we want to have lot of new threads? Or do we want several broad topical threads that people make submissions to?

Wolf70 brought up an intersting point about the "DM REVIEW Thread" that I started...buying stuff takes MONEY. So I was brainstorming on ways to save money and buy suppliments.
Which in my opinion would be a great thread for the GMF...

So should I make a new thread called "GMF Money Savers for GM's"
Or could this plop into the now Famous "GM Notebook" thread which IS AWESOME

:confused: :confused:

Ive also decide that posting message on GMF is more fun than working! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads