Counters in CCI, other Fiery Dragon stuff?

drnuncheon

Explorer
So I picked up Counter Collection II today and it looks like it will come in pretty darn handy. Now I'm asking myself, "Self, what's in CCI? What's in all the other FDP modules? And are the ones in the modules perforated like the onces in CCII?"

So I thought maybe someone here with too much time on their hands could help me out. Anyone care to tell me what's in CCI and the modules? I'm especially looking for lots of thugs and ruffians of low apparance, as my main game is set in Freeport. "Regular folks" would also be nice, if they're included in anything.

For the interested, here's what's in CCII (as I also have too much time on my hands):

70 PCs, all different

Ankheg (x3), Ape (x4), Aranea (x4), we don't need no steenkin' Badgers but we got 4 of 'em, Basilisk (x4), Blink Dog (x4), Bulette (x2), Carrion Crawler (x3), Cat (x8), Centaur (x3), Chimera (x2), Couatl (x3), Cockatrics (x3), Demons: Balor (x1), Marilith (x3), Succubus (x2), Vrock (x3), Devils: Lemure (x5), Osyluth (x6), Displacer beast (x4), Dog (x7), Dragons: Black (large x2), Brass (large x2), Bronze (large x2, huge x2), Copper (large x2, huge x2), Gold (large x2), Green (large x2, huge x2), Red (large x2), Silver (large x2, huge x2), White (large x2), Dragonne (x3), Dryad (x5), Eagle (x2), Elemental (3 of each), Ettin (x4), Genie: Djinn (x3), Efreet (x3), Giant: Cloud (x2), Fire (x4), Frost (x4), Hill (x4), Stone (x4), Storm (x2), Golem: Flesh (x3), Iron (x3), Stone (x3), Griffon (x3), Hag: Annis (x3), Green (x3), Night (x3), Hell Hound (x9), Hippogriff (x2), Kuo Toa (x5), Manticore (x2), Naga: Dark (x3), Nightmare (x3), Nymph (x5), Ooze: Gelatinous Cube (x2), Gray (x4), Pegasus (x4), Rakshasa (x2, and even has the backward-hand thing), Rat (x12), Raven (x8), Roper (x5), Rust Monster (x5), Slaad: Blue (x3), Death (x2), Gray (x2), Green (x2), Red (x2), Snake (x12), Sphinx: Andro (x2), Sprite: Pixie (x10, little buggers are everywhere), Treant (x2), Troglodyte (x5), Unicorn (x4), Weasel (x4), Wolf (x6), Wolverine (x2), Worg (x4), Wyvern (x2), Yuan-ti: Abomination (x3), Halfblood (x4), phew!

J

SkeletonKey Ed

Explorer
The Giant's Skull has:

Ogre (x14, both sexes/many of which are unique NPCs), male cleric (x4), female cleric (x4), male guards (x10), male commoner (x4), female commoner (x4), male cleric 9th (x1), male and female paladins (1 each), brown bear (x2), dire bear (x2), eagle (x1), wight (x2), PCs (2 each male and female)

these counters have no perfs.

The PC, paladin, guard, commoner and cleric counters would all make good thugs. Especially the two male PCs.

Hope that helps - Ed

dafrca

First Post
I do not have the stuff with me, but I bought all of their stuff so far. I loved the counters. Also check out their web page. It has some free downloads that included counters as well.

dafrca

Fiery James

First Post
Counters

Hey guys,

Glad you're happy with the counters! We've always felt that it's a nice little value-added inclusion.

Counter Collection I is perforated, and contains:

generic male & female dwarf, elf, gnome, halfling, half-elf, half-orc, and dark elf counters (between 5 and 10 of each), "generic" male and female human fighter, cleric, wizard, and rogue counters (2-5 of each), plus multiple counters for most of the humanoid races and other "common" monsters (minotaurs, kobolds, goblins, hobgoblins, orcs, bugbears, ogres, trolls, medusas, lizardmen, gnolls, mind flayers, gargoyles, owlbears, beholders, dopplegangers) PLUS undead (ghoul, skeleton, zombie, shadow, vampire (male and female), wight, wraith, mummy, lich, spectre, ghost) PLUS dragons (black, red, brass, gold, white). Whew!

Counter Collection I has just as many counters as #2, but more are multiples, so you'll get 20 orcs for the big battle.

Adventure counter-sheets are not perforated, and contain:

Nature's Fury: polar bear, bugbears (including 4 classed personalities), white dragon, gnolls, ice mephits, gargoyles, some more PC counters.

The Giant's Skull was listed above, though it should be noted that it contains some very nice Dire Bears....

Of Sound Mind (by Piratecat) contains well, lots of things (don't want to spoil the adventure!) like goblins, blues, dire rats, troglodytes, giant spiders, copper golems and other new monsters, plus generic human counters.

It should also be noted that Counter Collection 2, in addition to all of the monsters you've listed, contains 75 different PC counters. Claudio was very busy!

I'd say, between Collection 1 and 2, most encounters should be covered, with a little imagination - and hey, isn't that what the game is all about? :)

- James

omedon

First Post
Of Sound Mind contains the following counters

PC's (1 Female Human Warrior w/ Heavy Armor, 1 Male Elf Bowman, 1 Male Gnome, 1 Female Human Warrior w/ Light Armor

Copper Minions (x8), Horses (x2), Bonetangle (x1), Monstrous Spiders (x3), Trogdolyte Zombies (x4), Trogdolyte Shaman (x1), Danashee (x1), Dire Rats (x2), Goblins (x17 - 1 king, 2 blue [psionic goblins], 2 unique npc's, 12 generic), Copper Golem (x1), Villagers (x13 - 7 male and 6 Female), Stone Dragon (x1)

58 Counters in all. The sheet has no perfs

The PC's have a place for you to write a name and would make good NPC's. The unique goblin counters are also handy and could be used as commanders or NPC's. The Danashee looks simply like a topless women and could be used in a number of roles.

Last edited:

Klaus

First Post
Just as a sidenote, the PCs in OSM are a female human barbarian in Studded leather, a female dwarven paladin in Half-plate, a male gnome psion and a male elf mage/arcane-archer-wannabee... :) These counters were included in CC2 as well.

As a bonus, if you want reeally large groups of bugbears or goblins, I suggest picking up CC1 and Nature's Fury (for bugbears) or OSM (for goblins). You'll get lots of counters, plus amazing adventures to boot!

And another detail: The goblins in OSM are yellow-skinned, while the ones in CC1 are red-skinned. So, if you need rival goblin tribes, there you go!

drnuncheon

Explorer
Thanks everyone!

Thanks all! Looks like CCI goes onto my purchase list for sure.

When can we expect CCIII? :D I'd love to see an "urban collection" with a metric boatload of NPC-types. Merchants, guards, rogues, horses, beggars, nobles, farmers, sailors, etc. (If I could draw I'd be sending you submissions.)

(Items would be cool too - chests, barrels, furniture, carts, crates, wagons, weapons, treasure...then again you guys might want to go the whole "paper dungeon" route...)

J

Duncan Idaho

First Post
Re: Thanks everyone!

drnuncheon said:
Thanks all! Looks like CCI goes onto my purchase list for sure.

When can we expect CCIII? :D I'd love to see an "urban collection" with a metric boatload of NPC-types. Merchants, guards, rogues, horses, beggars, nobles, farmers, sailors, etc. (If I could draw I'd be sending you submissions.)

(Items would be cool too - chests, barrels, furniture, carts, crates, wagons, weapons, treasure...then again you guys might want to go the whole "paper dungeon" route...)

J

I second the urban collection idea, don't forget the ladies of ill repute.

Klaus

First Post
As of this moment, CC3 could be swinging any number of routes, and you just added two more possibilities! :)

Guess we won't run out of ideas for CC5... :D

DAldredge

First Post
Re: Thanks everyone!

If you are looking for dungeon items, check out Cardboard Heros from Steve Jacksons games. It has 2-3 pages of weapons, treasure.

J [/B][/QUOTE]

Remove ads