coup-de-grace

Uller

Adventurer
Mark said:

Yup! I'm amazed it was never added to the errata. They obviously knew enough to add it to the second printing... :(

And the SRD! WTF? It makes sense for the target to lose 5hp...but if they wanted to errata it, why did they not include it? If I'm at the game table, I don't have the SRD to look stuff up! Damn that ticks me off...

Anyway...the way I play it, negative levels are damage. If a crit is scored, they are doubled. Enervation does -5 hp as well as the rest of negative level stuff. And if you coup de grace with Enervation or Energy Drain, then the 5hp is included in the fort save.

Geoff Watson

First Post
Only DAMAGE is doubled on a critical. Healing is not damage. Increased stats from Bulls Strength is not damage. Negative levels are not damage.

Geoff.

'o Skoteinos

First Post
Geoff, Tome and Blood, page 79: "A critical hit with an energy-draining spell inflicts twice the listed amount: for example a critical hit with an enervation spell bestows 2d4 negative levels"

Uller

Adventurer
'o Skoteinos said:
Geoff, Tome and Blood, page 79: "A critical hit with an energy-draining spell inflicts twice the listed amount: for example a critical hit with an enervation spell bestows 2d4 negative levels"

Like I said...this has been discussed before. I think Caliban had some answers from the sage on what constitutes damage for the purposes of critical hits and ability score damage and negative levels were on that list.

And of course Bull's strength would not be doubled...that's a bonus. Not damage. Ray of Enfeeblement is an enhancement penalty. Not damage. The 1 point of strenght lose from Chill Touch IS damage and thus would be doubled...
Healing is DEFINATELY not damage.

Shard O'Glase

First Post
I only have 1st printing stuff, and I saw the -5hp for negative levels somewhere. I'll have to wade through my books again to try and find where though.

Remove ads