covaithe's E1: Death's Reach

Walking Dad

First Post
BKT

"Holy writings? Perhaps in the book..."
Bha-Ka-Thet says to himself as he starts rummaging through his equipment and presents a small book titled 'Meditations'. "Perhaps there is something helpful in here."

[sblock=OOC]
Religion (1d20+16=22)

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Bha-Ka-Thet
Perception: 32 Insight: 27 / Low-light Vision
Initiative: +21
AC 36 Fortitude 33 Reflex 35 Will 35
Hit Points: 143 / 143 Bloodied: 71
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 35 Surges per day: 11/12
At-Will Powers: Dancing Cobra (W), Five Storms, Spider Technique, Obscured Avoidance
Encounter Powers: Divine Sun, Three Winds Kick (W), Overpowering Strike (W), Strike the Avalanche, Purifying Meditation, Vow
Daily Powers: Blinding Sun Technique (W), Rising Dragon Fire, Ring the Golden Bell, Twilight Touch, Undimmed Sun, Meditative Solace
[/sblock][/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"The area around these four Fate Pillars are an area of respite in Zvomarana. We will be sheltered from danger while in their vicinity. If we wish to rest, this is the place."

When Bha-Ka-Thet produces the book, Sarenax looks at him. "May I see the book?" he asks without tone or inflection. "It would be fortuitous if you already carry the holy writings we require."
[sblock=OOC]I vote we take an extended rest here. Looks like our combat challenges for the first part of Zvomarana are probably done, and a couple of us are starting to run low on surges. If BKT does have the holy writings, it's probably a good idea to go into the next part fresh. Especially if cov keeps amping up the challenge ... er ... I mean, if the Raven Queen allows us to be tested more stringently :p

Religion (1d20+19=33) for the pillars.

Religion (1d20+19=25) to see if 'Meditations' is the holy writings we need. Assuming, of course, that BKT allows Sarenax to check them out ;)[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
Hmph! This whole place is overrun with vermin. What makes you think this is any better protected that the rest was?

Kylek moved slowly around, appraising the obelisks as he spoke. Soon he turned to study his companions.

Perhaps a rest is necessary for some, but do we have the time? Remember the messenger's warning.

[sblock=ooc]

Religion: DC 30 (1d20+10=19)

Hurm...resting might be a good idea. We've probably only have one more fight before people are in serious danger of dying. I guess it just depends on how serious we take the time is of the essence warning.

[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The shadar-kai looked even paler than normal as he come up from the rear. The battles have weakened me much. I may press on if I must, but I am weary.

OOC: Down to three surges. Still have a few dailies and 1 healing potion.

renau1g

First Post
Kalas will look at the others indecisively, he has every desire to push on, but the undead knows that his own limits are quite a bit beyond the mere mortals that he traveled with. His great strength and stamina was likely why she chose him, however he was also sure these allies would be of no help if they were dead.

"We should be wary of resting too long, but if the Messenger's words are correct we also cannot face the continued threats on our last legs." Kalas says solemnly.

[sblock=ooc]
Whatever you want, Kalas is still sitting with 7/11 surges, most of his dailies and magic item powers remaining. I need to be a bit more judicious with them rather than save them up.

Like I mentioned before, I;ve got to do a better job of keeping enemies focused on him over Batin.
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
BKT

"Take a look. It will maybe more useful in the hands of a cleric anyway."
Bha-Ka-Thet assures Sarenax.

[sblock=OOC]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2419318/
Used some of my favorite dailies, but still ready to go.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Bha-Ka-Thet
Perception: 32 Insight: 27 / Low-light Vision
Initiative: +21
AC 36 Fortitude 33 Reflex 35 Will 35
Hit Points: 143 / 143 Bloodied: 71
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 35 Surges per day: 11/12
At-Will Powers: Dancing Cobra (W), Five Storms, Spider Technique, Obscured Avoidance
Encounter Powers: Divine Sun, Three Winds Kick (W), Overpowering Strike (W), Strike the Avalanche, Purifying Meditation, Vow
Daily Powers: Blinding Sun Technique (W), Rising Dragon Fire, Ring the Golden Bell, Twilight Touch, Undimmed Sun, Meditative Solace
[/sblock][/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
When you reach the fate pillars, you can see that beyond them, another way has opened to the north, which must lead to the fifth gate.

[sblock=Sarenax]"Meditations" turns out to be the devotional journal of Archiluthros, a famous philosopher-priest who died thousands of years ago. The book contains a series of essays on the nature of life and death and the soul, and the importance to the cosmos of the role played by the Raven Queen. Most scholars believe the book to have been lost centuries ago; it is possible that this is the only copy remaining.

As you carefully turn the pages, unnaturally well preserved though they are, it is clear that the author must have had divine guidance to explicate these concepts so directly. The writings are surely holy.

And, if reason were not redundant to faith in this case, the fact that the mists have opened the way for you through to the Fate Pillars argues that they must count as the holy writings you seek, for the way to the fifth gate is open.
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Sarenax holds the book in his left hand while he carefully flips pages with his right. "This book is indeed the holy writings," he intones coldly, looking up from the book. A quiet snap sounds when he closes the book by closing his left hand. "The way ahead is open. Only the question of rest remains."
[sblock=OOC]Ok, so the only thing we need to decide is whether to rest before we go through the fifth gate.

Sarenax and Batin are both down to 3 surges. Massacre has 4 surges left, but he seems to stay out of trouble pretty well. Kalas is the next lowest with 8, so everyone else is fine for a while.

We seem to be doing pretty good as far as daily powers are concerned, too; I don't think we've used more than half our total dailies across the group. Sarenax does have Mass Cure Light Wounds and Indomitable Spirit left, both of which are healing dailies that don't use surges and can heal everyone at once if we're not too far apart. Do we think that's enough to keep us going?

Also keep in mind there's no guarantee that we'll have a chance to rest after the next fight. I think we will survive through a couple more fights, or one big one, but after that I have a feeling we'll be pretty depleted. If we don't get a chance to rest at that point, we could be in a lot of trouble.

Personally, I'd rather rest now while we have the chance, even with the time constraint. But I'm only one out of six. ;)[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
Kylek pulled something from the back of his belt. It was a knife that seemed small in his large hand. Pulling it from its sheath he held it up for the others to see, its blade shimmered and wavered in the light.

This is a key. It leads to a space between worlds, a place we can rest and recover if need be. We can rest as we need to, we need only the time to do so and a solid surface to act as the gateway. Consider this as you choose.

[sblock=ooc]

Just so happens Kylek has an Exodus Knife, so we don't necessarily need to stop just because it might be the only rest stop for the next 100 miles. :) Just thought I'd mention that as it might affect what we want to do.

Personally I'm good stopping and resting or going on, I'll leave that to the people lowest on resources to decide since they're more likely to know the limits of the character. Tentatively my vote is to push on, but I'll defer to others as I said.

[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Well, with the exodus knife (forgot to check for all the tricks epic characters have ;)) I'd be fine with pushing on. Or with resting here. I'm pretty indifferent now, really. [/sblock]

Remove ads