covaithe's E1: Death's Reach

CaBaNa

First Post
Massacre snaps out of his routine house check, and chimes in, Kylek, you know the vermin is of no consequence... he clacks while stroking his rituals. In my vision, you all die, as I battle an ancient obsidian dragon. Consider this in your decision. he leans on Lucifa and wraps his arms around her, I'll keep you safe though sweetheart... Who's my good girl? The wyvern bucks excitedly wagging it's entire body, and hovering awkwardly.

[sblock=OOC]
The undead folks don't have much to worry about... Massacre will be fine even if we all die, and he can raise the others back at his place.
[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]3 HS is near the max Batin could use in one fight (second wind, a potion, and 1 healing). So he's not likely to do better with rest (just have more options).[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

Quick bookkeeping question since it might matter if we choose to go on, Did we hit a milestone with the last encounter, i.e. are you counting the skill challenge as an encounter.

[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
Quick bookkeeping question since it might matter if we choose to go on, Did we hit a milestone with the last encounter, i.e. are you counting the skill challenge as an encounter.

Yes, I think so in this case. APs for everyone!
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
BKT

"This is very ... reassuring. Were I also in this vision?"
Bha-Ka-Thet asks the undead.

[sblock=OOC]
Heck, let's try to press on :).
Regarding milestones: Gets BKT one, too? I is a bit much trouble to handle this separate for characters, especially, as skill challenges count as encounter, but not every character has to participate.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Bha-Ka-Thet
Perception: 32 Insight: 27 / Low-light Vision
Initiative: +21
AC 36 Fortitude 33 Reflex 35 Will 35
Hit Points: 143 / 143 Bloodied: 71
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 35 Surges per day: 11/12
At-Will Powers: Dancing Cobra, Five Storms, Spider Technique, Obscured Avoidance
Encounter Powers: Divine Sun, Three Winds Kick, Overpowering Strike, Strike the Avalanche, Purifying Meditation, Vow
Daily Powers: Blinding Sun Technique, Rising Dragon Fire, Ring the Golden Bell, Twilight Touch, Undimmed Sun, Meditative Solace
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
Regarding milestones: Gets BKT one, too? I is a bit much trouble to handle this separate for characters, especially, as skill challenges count as encounter, but not every character has to participate.

Sorry, no AP for BKT this time. I'm not too worried about tracking it separately for different characters; you guys will take an extended rest eventually and it will reset then.

I don't usually count skill challenges as encounters for the purpose of milestones, but it seems appropriate this time. Fortunately, the DMG is quite clear that the DM can hand out milestones pretty much as often -- or as rarely -- as they want.

[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Sarenax turns his head to Orelal. "I have had the same vision, except it was I who watched all of you perish." His face is as emotionless as the lich's bare skull, and his voice is as cold to match. He doesn't seem to have any other comments to add, however.

"The Priestess warned that time was of the essence. Let us pass through the Fifth Gate."

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

Sorry, no AP for BKT this time. I'm not too worried about tracking it separately for different characters; you guys will take an extended rest eventually and it will reset then.

I don't usually count skill challenges as encounters for the purpose of milestones, but it seems appropriate this time. Fortunately, the DMG is quite clear that the DM can hand out milestones pretty much as often -- or as rarely -- as they want.

[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]

It's ok :). Let's go on! I'm still very excited. This is my first 4e epic game.

[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
I won't be perishing anytime soon, growled Kylek, his deep voiced tinged with irritation at the very idea.

He carefully put away the knife and then looked around at the others.

Our decision is made? We should waste no more time then. Let us see what lies beyond.

[sblock=ooc]

I reckon we've made up our minds then. Now I just need to update my character sheet. ><

I'll try to get that done in the next day or two Cov.

[/sblock]

Remove ads