Create an O.L.D. Character

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
[UPDATE -- this document is now in the DOWNLOADS AREA]

Attached below is a draft version of a large chunk of the character generation chapter of O.L.D. The Roleplaying Game. I'd love to see some folks create a character or two.

Some notes --

• It's a draft version; lots will change. It's as alpha as alpha gets (i.e. it's not even a playtest document like N.E.W. is yet).
  • It's missing a whole bunch of traditions, but the starter, military, magical, and lore traditions are there.
  • A lot of stuff will be expanded massively. Each race, for example, will get much more descriptive information.
  • Some references won't mean anything to you without the associated chapter - in particular, the magic chapter isn't there. So while you can create a mage, you won't really know what it is you're able to do.
  • There's a character sheet in there.
  • Please remember, it's rough, rough, draft, draft, and only partial at that! Expect errors, missing info, problems, etc.

With that in mind, feel free to take a gander!

Last edited:

Storminator

First Post
I made a character - it was kinda fun! The traditions for Burglar and Gladiator weren't filled out, so he wasn't complete, but still pretty good.

I ended up with REP 0, which means I don't know anyone. Seemed a little odd.

Also, on the chart of derived attributes something got auto formatted to a date instead of a range of numbers. FYI.

"Jake is a shifty 31 year old human guard that gambles his pay away" :D

PS

tuxgeo

Adventurer
"Mauntrog Cowrley is a resilient 35 year old human necromancer who dances alone."
STR 4, AGI 4, END 4, WIL 7, INT 4, CHA 7, GC 1, MAG 7

Human skills: Silversmithing, History, and Religion
1. Wizard's Apprentice, for Hypnotism skill
2. Man-at-Arms, for Melee weapon (Sword); and he has a sword.
3. Cleric I, for "Infuse/Drain Life" spell(s) and Religion skill.
4. Cleric II, for "Create Undead" spell(s) and Leadership skill.
5. Necromancer, for "Compel Undead" spell(s) and Compels skill.

Personal Skill: Performance (Dance)
Specialty: Religion

In the current document, only Pages and Knights know anybody? They are the wealthy traditions; that may be what it takes to get connected.

Also, I couldn't create a mage because that class wasn't there.

[Edit: Corrected the skills: Take 3 for race, but only one per Tradition; also, list the subcategories of Lore instead of the word "Lore"; and specify a Melee weapon.

[EditEdit: changed the spells and skills in the magical traditions to match my current understanding of the spells lists -- having still not see the spells. Also, changed the "Crafting" skill to "Silversmithing."]

Last edited:

Argyle King

Legend
"Malgaluk is a brilliant 32 year old Ogre Druid who loves animals."

Str 6, Agi 2, End 7, Int 6, Will 5, Cha 2, Mag 4

CG 2

Ogre skills: Melee Weapon, Hardy, Carrying
1) Wizards apprentice: Lore skills, prestidigation
2) Watchman: Perception; Constantly vigilant
3) Loremaster: Intuition; Divination spell list, bonus to knowledge checks
4) Man-at-Arms: Survival; starts with either a high quality weapon or armor
5) Druid: Nature; all animal, plant, life, and nature spell lists; wolf animal companion

Personal Skill: Animal Handling
Specialization Skill: Animal Handling (I believe it was the only thing I could pick)

Age Trait: Middle-Aged Observant
Trait: Brilliant

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Awesome!

Just as a quick note, I see "Lore skills" came up a couple of times. Where you see "lore skills" (or artistic, or magical , or whatever) that's the category of skills. It's just quicker than me typing them all out for now, but you choose a lore skill from the category.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Does that mean that having both "Lore Skills" and "History" in the skills list for the "Wizard's Apprentice" is redundant, because "History" is a "Lore Skill"?

In any case, I should edit Mauntrog's skills to triple up on "Lore: Religion." (I probably won't, though: new character time!)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Does that mean that having both "Lore Skills" and "History" in the skills list for the "Wizard's Apprentice" is redundant, because "History" is a "Lore Skill"?

In any case, I should edit Mauntrog's skills to triple up on "Lore: Religion." (I probably won't, though: new character time!)

Yeah, that's my fault. Left over from when I rearranged the categories.

(Same thing goes for melee weapons, BTW- a specific weapon needs to be selected).

The skills are something you're especially good at - anybody can do anything (you don't need ride to ride a horse, just to do something awesome on a horse).

Making PC's seems easy and not too much crunch to cause option paralysis for me! However I have one point, I personally don't like the orangey brown aesthetic, is that going to be the style for the real release or just something you are trialing. Especially the titles are very hard to read in brown and fancy font (like the font tho)

Small personal taste point tho.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases