Level Up (A5E) create groups of same enemy into mobs

T C

Villager
I swear I read in one of the books about if you have a large number of creatures they gave a way to put them into a creature of a size larger as a group. I can't find that anymore and was wondering if anybody knows what I am referring to?

A squad of alchemist that threw a bomb would do 5 * 24 damage. That's... a lot of damage hahahaha.

EDIT: I know that squad rules say CR 3 or below, but its funny to me to imagine a gang of alchemists going around annihilating dragons for the king by mass bombing against it. Perhaps a fun story seed if this was a tyrannical group?

Stalker0

Legend
A squad of alchemist that threw a bomb would do 5 * 24 damage. That's... a lot of damage hahahaha.

EDIT: I know that squad rules say CR 3 or below, but its funny to me to imagine a gang of alchemists going around annihilating dragons for the king by mass bombing against it. Perhaps a fun story seed if this was a tyrannical group?
One mob attack houserule I really like from O5e, is you roll one attack.

you then have 3 attack values, your roll, the roll + 5, and the roll -5. Each does 2x damage in this case if the result hits the AC. So you can hit 0,1,2, or 3 times

so this creates a much less swingy result and is more in line with 5 individual attack rolls

Anselm

Adventurer
One mob attack houserule I really like from O5e, is you roll one attack.

you then have 3 attack values, your roll, the roll + 5, and the roll -5. Each does 2x damage in this case if the result hits the AC. So you can hit 0,1,2, or 3 times

so this creates a much less swingy result and is more in line with 5 individual attack rolls
I like that, I'm going to try the squad rules as printed but did have the concern with swingy hits at lower levels. That may be balanced by the increased cr and assumptions about player level will be higher as well.

That's a nice house rule that could be fun though. It still allows for "half hits" so still rewards higher ac in some way.

Remove ads