Creating my own "Pregens" - Need some Help

Stomphoof

First Post
I need some help folks. Starting this Saturday I am going to try to kick up DND Encounters again at my FLGS. We are not doing it on Wednesday as that conflicts with other WOTC events, so that is solved. Right now I am running 2 seperate events, first up is Darksun: Fury of the Wastewalker and then Keep on the Borderlands (Darksun gets an hour and a half, and KOTB gets 2 and a half hours) so that way I can get 2 groups in (we have a decent amount of people interested)

However, I want to use my own pregen characters rather then the ones that come in the sets, simply due to the fact that, well, the ones in the sets are kinda...eh.

I want to provide 3 of each "role" but I am having difficulty choosing what classes to create. What suggestions do you all have that would show off what each role can do?

Leader -

Controller -

Striker -

Defender -

webrunner

First Post
I need some help folks. Starting this Saturday I am going to try to kick up DND Encounters again at my FLGS. We are not doing it on Wednesday as that conflicts with other WOTC events, so that is solved. Right now I am running 2 seperate events, first up is Darksun: Fury of the Wastewalker and then Keep on the Borderlands (Darksun gets an hour and a half, and KOTB gets 2 and a half hours) so that way I can get 2 groups in (we have a decent amount of people interested)

However, I want to use my own pregen characters rather then the ones that come in the sets, simply due to the fact that, well, the ones in the sets are kinda...eh.

I want to provide 3 of each "role" but I am having difficulty choosing what classes to create. What suggestions do you all have that would show off what each role can do?

Leader -

Controller -

Striker -

Defender -

I suggest starting with the standard four:

Dwarf Fighter, Halfling Rogue, Elf/half elf/double elf Cleric, Human Wizard

if you want alternates go with:
Human Paladin, Elf/half elf/double elf/drow ranger, some kind of warlord, some kind of druid

And if you want to show some crazier out there alternates, to kind of show the 'flavor' of D&D itself:
Warden, Avenger or Monk, Artificer or Bard, Invoker

Stomphoof

First Post
I suggest starting with the standard four:

Dwarf Fighter, Halfling Rogue, Elf/half elf/double elf Cleric, Human Wizard

if you want alternates go with:
Human Paladin, Elf/half elf/double elf/drow ranger, some kind of warlord, some kind of druid

And if you want to show some crazier out there alternates, to kind of show the 'flavor' of D&D itself:
Warden, Avenger or Monk, Artificer or Bard, Invoker

Thank is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! :D

Spatula

Explorer
3 for each role for each game? Or is it all one big pool for Dark Sun and Keep on the Borderlands?

for Dark Sun, I would use the following:

leader: human or mul warlord (martial or psionic theme)
leader: elf or thri-kreen shaman (primal theme)
controller: human psion (psionic theme)
controller: human wizard (arcane theme)
controller: thri-kreen or dwarf seeker (primal theme)
striker: half-giant barbarian (martial or primal theme)
striker: elf rogue (martial theme)
striker: human warlock (templar)
striker: halfling (somewhat suboptimal) or elf ranger (martial or primal theme)
defender: human or mul fighter (martial or psionic theme)
defender: human or half-elf battlemind (martial or psionic theme)

Remove ads