D&D 5E creating slimes

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
To answer your original question... I do not know of any specific mechanics, feats or whatnot in 5E or any previous edition that deal with the creation of slimes. The most likely place to find something of this sort would be an old edition of Dragon Magazine, as they typically have all the weird rules that some random writer invents for an article... but I couldn't name a specific article or issue that deals with it. Sorry.

That being said... as far as ideas for established slime-related abilities that you could incorporate into your game, I'd say go looking for any bits and bobs related to the demon lord Juiblex, the Faceless One. It is the master of all slime-related stuff, so you could probably find cultists that have slime-related features to steal, rituals and the like connected to the demon lord etc. For 5E you can look at Out of the Abyss to see if it has Juiblex-related material... and from 3E I know the Book of Vile Darkness also has Juiblex/demon info in it.

jasper

Rotten DM
i have seen numerous descriptors of wizards making slimes, but i have not seen any mechanics or feats for creating one. does anyone know if it is in the older books or the process for making one? i'm wanting to make some homebrew slime types
Give college wizard full size fridge. Give him gift cards to local take out. College wizard will put leftovers in fridge and forget about them. Send adventure crew to clean fridge between quarters.

aco175

Legend
You may look at the necromancer class abilities and just modify somewhat. Maybe a slime familiar that is a personal garbage disposal. You may need to make weaker variants of other slimes already in books. Something like a lesser green slime or lesser brown mold.

You can change damage resistance/vulnerabilities. Black slime may be immune to acid, but lightning causes it to explode 5ft for some acid damage. The mephits are lesser elementals and could be used a bit for a template.

I once had a frozen gelatinous cube wash up on the shore of an arctic village. The person trying to usurp the jarl and get rid of the pesky no good party of adventurers served it as ice cubes in a "special" vintage drink. ;)

Remove ads