WotC Creative Lead Adam Lee leaves WotC

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
That's just how licensing works, they have approval. BY the same logic then Disney is doing Star Wars. If you're being paid for something you didn't hire them, they asked permission and as a condition you told them they have to go through an approval process.

You actually think Hasbro let those rights out with no oversight or coordination?

WotC has had oversight over the production of the new Dragonlance novels coming up. Why wouldn't Hasbro have some oversight over the RPG?

And I didn't say it was LIKELY. I said it would be funny. Please take that into account before you argue the point further.

teitan

Legend
You actually think Hasbro let those rights out with no oversight or coordination?

WotC has had oversight over the production of the new Dragonlance novels coming up. Why wouldn't Hasbro have some oversight over the RPG?

And I didn't say it was LIKELY. I said it would be funny. Please take that into account before you argue the point further.
Are you talking to me? Because I just said the same thing and I think if you are you just stepped over a line and were kind of rude to me but also to the person you are responding to if its not me. What Hasbro has done is the STANDARD licensing contract they entered with NECA/Wizkids or that Disney/Marvel has with Hasbro or DC with McFarlane or Margaret Weis has with Fox for Firefly. They didn't hire Renegade to make these products, Renegade is paying a portion of their profits to Hasbro that Hasbro is then paying someone to look over. It's industry standard and not out of the ordinary and is 99% of the time a formality.

Go ahead and warn me but I think you're the one being really, really rude here by telling me "before you argue a point further". Staff Members aren't necessarily always right or immune to not being rude. Back up a little bit there buddy.

Remove ads