• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Creature Catalog 3.5 overhaul project - part 1

Knight Otu

First Post
Celestial (Agathion)
Celestial (Equinal Guardinal)
Celestial (Light Aasimon)
Celestial (Sword Archon)
Celestial (Throne Archon)
Celestial (Tome Archon)
Celestial (Ursinal Guardinal)
Celestial (Warden Archon)

I don't think they've been converted yet, but it might be worth to wait after the Book of Exalted Deeds is out. ;)

Halfling, Wild
Rather different, but there is a ghostwise halfling in the Forgotten Realms.

Insect Swarm
Well, we all know that there are a number of swarms in the R3E MM...

Kenku/Tengu are in Oriental Adventures.

I think they had stats for them on a DM's screen...

Krishnath

First Post
Knight_Otu: No offense, but the Tengu and the Kenku are not the same creature. The Tengu are noble and wise, and their feathers are black, while the Kenku are sneaky bastards that steal for sport and have brown feathers. They are probably related, but they are not the same species. It's like comparing Hobgoblins to Bugbears. ;)

X-Calator

First Post
Out of curiosity, where did all the Creature Catalog monsters come from anyway? I know there are all kinds of books out there, but is the Catalog complete in at least its list of all the known official sources? I'm pretty sure you don't have every single monster here.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
X-Calator said:
Out of curiosity, where did all the Creature Catalog monsters come from anyway? I know there are all kinds of books out there, but is the Catalog complete in at least its list of all the known official sources? I'm pretty sure you don't have every single monster here.

oh, they came from many and varied sources. :) some are 1E, some 2E, and a small few from OD&D; some are from hardcover books, modules, accessories, boxed sets, magazines... and some monsters come from more than one of the above!

as far as having every single known monster... we're much farther from that than some people would like to beleive. ;) but, that's what keeps the site in business i guess, is always having new stuff to do!

Krishnath

First Post
Grazzt: I know that, but WotC also said in the 3E MM that the Wolf and the Hyena stats are them same, while in the R3E MM both creatures have seperate (and slightly different) entries.

Boz: Did you wan't my help with the dragons? I'll even throw in a sample dragon of each type (as WotC did in the Revised MM).

On the topic of which, I hate the ToH art for the Mist and Cloud dragons. (Sorry, just had to get that out, it has bothered me for some time.)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
krish, let me see the new book and then i'll give you an answer. :) i'm not even sure if we're going to be as detailed as the new MM or not... depends on how much work you all will want to help me with. :D

Remove ads