• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Critical Hit Systems for 3.5

Melkor

Explorer
Hi folks,

Can anyone point me to a product that details critical hit systems in 3.5 - such as hit locations, bleeding, damage penalties and the like.

Was such a product ever made for the 3.5 rules?

Thanks.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Torn Asunder: Critical Hits is, in my opinion, your best bet. I think you can still buy the hard copy*, but I'm not entirely sure.

* New, I mean.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Swashbuckling Adventures has an interesting system, though I do not know if it was original to that book.

Among other things, it allows a player to have his/her character lose a limb rather than die from a failed Massive Damage save - important in a setting were Raise Dead/Resurrection are not available. I found it very handy in a Steampunk game, where prosthetic replacements were available, but resurrection was not.

The Auld Grump

Windjammer

Adventurer
the original "Critical Hits and Misses" tables from Dragon #39 (not 3E, it was originally for AD&D, but it works just fine). ... you can actually pick up the original magazine here (when it's available that is:eek:).

That's the one Paizo reprinted in the book I mentioned, and updated to 3.5 by Mike Mearls.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads