• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Critical Hit with Fireball!

Sir Brennen

Legend
From Rich Baker's Blog:

A brief playtest note from last night's game, DM'd by Dave Noonan: I rolled not one, but *two* critical hits with fireball attack rolls last night. The second actually one-shotted a tough troglodyte skirmisher; just smoked him outright, full hp to dead in one go. Oh, and I had a great initiative roll, so it was the very first thing that happened in the fight. Hee hee hee! Scoring criticals with attack spells is *fun.* My warlord/wizard sure feels like he kicks some butt!
Discuss.

Korgoth

First Post
That's the sort of change that, even if it's not the change I would have made, I don't mind.

Thought I'd throw that in to give some perspective to my Gryffindor and Slytherin hate.

Arkhandus

First Post
Most likely it means they removed saving throws, and made them into AC-like defense ratings opposed by attack rolls. Or just removed Reflex saves to be replaced with touch AC. To where anything that would normally allow a Reflex save for half or negation would instead be an attack roll, and as such be capable of crits with natural 20 or something. :\

Remove ads