Critical Role Critical Role’s 7-hour Campaign Finale

It’s not the last of Critical Role (obviously) but it is the end of their second campaign this Thursday. And it’s 7 hours long!

866A438C-9CA0-4A2E-9BCF-7CA4EEBCC8EB.png

Critical Role’s highly successful second campaign -- The Mighty Nein -- premiered over three years ago and has built up over 530 hours of adventures, including over 440 villains conquered and over 100 hours of battles (source: CritRoleStats), and this Thursday, June 3, the epic saga of Critical Role’s second campaign is set to embark on its final adventure.

Since the launch of the campaign on January 11, 2018, Critical Role has chronicled the story of Jester Lavorre (Laura Bailey), Yasha Nydoorin (Ashley Johnson), Caleb Widogast (Liam O’Brien), Beauregard "Beau" Lionett (Marisha Ray), Nott the Brave/Veth Brenatto (Sam Riegel), Fjord (Travis Willingham), Mollymauk "Molly" Tealeaf and Caduceus Clay (both played by Taliesin Jaffe) of The Mighty Nein as they explored Wildemount, formed relationships, spat in the face of death and buried allies, realized that not all goblins are as they seem, discovered the power a friendly cupcake (sprinkled with some Dust of Deliciousness) can have in befriending powerful foes, and showcased the resiliency one can have in the face of insurmountable odds time and time again.

Experience the final chapter of The Mighty Nein as Critical Role concludes the legend of this ragtag group of miscreants that millions across the globe have come to know and love. How will their journey end and what’s next from the world of Critical Role? Tune in to find out!

The final episode of Critical Role’s Campaign 2: The Mighty Nein airs this Thursday, June 3 2021 at 7PM PST simultaneously on Twitch (twitch.tv/criticalrole) and YouTube (youtube.com/criticalrole), with the replayable VOD of the show available on Critical Role’s YouTube channel the following Monday.

Critters…. How do you want to do this?

Last edited:

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I've been playing since 1979, and Dimension 20 has been mind-expanding in terms of seeing how far you can stretch the game and still have it be recognizably D&D. Even if I never set a game in contemporary Manhattan or fantasy 1950s middle America, I now have the boundaries of what the game can be permanently expanded.

And Mulligan is a fantastic DM and his College Humor players are all hilarious.
Mulligan’s advice podcast Adventuring Academy is wonderful, as well, and has had Matt and Marisha both as guests, as well as both Travis and Griffin McElroy. His thoughts on the nature of the game are really interesting.

Samurai

Adventurer
Critical Role's second season brought so much joy to me through many hard times. From learning to walk again after surviving a heart attack and stroke that left me in a coma back in 2018, through the isolation of the pandemic of 2020, I've watched every episode! I can't wait to see what kind of characters they all create and foes they'll face in the 3rd season!

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I would wonder where I should start? As not actually playing, maybe that could be an alternative...

Edit: lol @ clockwork orange

shutterstock_5885876aa.jpg

It's just like a massive time investment.
Assuming they don’t switch systems, the start of the next campaign is probably a good starting point.

It definitely is a big time investment. I tried to watch campaign 1, but I found it was monopolizing my free time, and it still felt impossible to catch up. When they started campaign 2, I thought that would be the perfect opportunity to jump in and just watch it one week at a time. But you know how life can be, sometimes you have other stuff to do and you miss an episode, and with how long they are, it’s hard to find time to sit down and watch it, and before you know it, the new episode is out, and now you’re two behind, which makes it even harder to find the motivation to catch up before the next week... and so on. So, I fell behind pretty early and gave up.

I’m hoping they stick with D&D for their next campaign, and that I can keep up with it this time. We’ll see.

I may be biased, but I’d say start with campaign 1. It’s about as much content as campaign 2, though the early episodes had lower production values. Some ppl recommend starting at the Briarwood arc, but doing that you’d skip the party’s trip to Vasselheim, which is a true delight and has fantastic guest spots from Will Wheaton, Felicia Day, Will Friedle, and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn.

If that doesn’t grab you, skip to campaign 2, or even just wait for campaign 3 to start.

I also recommend watching in 1 hour chunks like it’s a TV show.

Anyone know if there is a set of videos of C1 that cuts out all the shoutouts and gift openings and other faff?
If there's any reason to not start with C1 and start with C2 it's only that they brought their homegame to the stream meaning they came in at level 8 on the first streamed episode with a lot of stuff already done.

C2 starts them at level 2 with the literal 'you all meet at a tavern' trope.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
If there's any reason to not start with C1 and start with C2 it's only that they brought their homegame to the stream meaning they came in at level 8 on the first streamed episode with a lot of stuff already done.

C2 starts them at level 2 with the literal 'you all meet at a tavern' trope.
The production values (sound and visuals) are also a lot higher. Some of the technical hitches are a bit distracting in C1's early days.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases