D&D General Critical Role Ending

BRayne

Adventurer
Full Timeline for CR stuff now available
EX_timeline_800_v2.png

Aldarc

Legend
Exandria Unlimited, new eight episode adventure where Matt is a player. And a new DM! Aabria!

And other new cast members! Ashley Johnson and Robbie Daymond!
I'll be curious who will be off-put by this, namely Matt as a player rather than GM, because "change is scary." I think that this is a good move though. I'll be interested to see what happens past this eight-parter.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
While there's obviously good sides to years-long streaming games, I'm a big fan of short, focused campaigns. I love the Dimension 20 short runs and Not Another D&D Podcast's hilariously dopey Hot Boy Summer arc last summer may be the best streaming campaign I've ever heard.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
You know, I've been wondering... I assume Mercer wants to explore a new continent as he is so engrossed in worldbuilding, however the remaining continents to seem a bit one-dimensional when compared against Wildemount. Plus, it would be weird for an all-white cast to play a game in Marquet, which is clearly inspired by the Middle East, or the Shattered Teeth, inspired by Asian cultures.

I then remembered this document the Mighty Nein found;

"I continue to find an aberration in my data pertaining to Exandria, a cyclical, months-long, slow surge in low-level magical interference that then recedes just as slowly. Something that tangles my readings and upsets my analysis. It is too faint to identify the arcane nature at source, but I worry if this pertains to to the shifting between the veils. It could be something very interesting. Something very frightening. Very wonderful. More tests are required." - Planerider Ryn.

It would be interesting if the next campaign wasn't on a new campaign at all, but started instead in a extraplaner city, essentially whatever Mercer's version of Sigil would be. From there, a lot of planar jumping, spelljammer stuff, etc.

Just an idea! They often do a lot of extraplanar stuff, but I found that quote above interesting, like Mercer was considering reformatting his planar map.

Remove ads