Critical Role Critical Role show kickstarter update: Backers have to get Amazon prime to get the show

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I would say a reasonable assumption for someone backing the kickstarter, considering how CR distributes all their other shows, is that they were going to distribute it on their youtube channel or via twitch, which if they hadn't gotten the Amazon deal they almost certainly would have. A not reasonable assumption is that they are going to take the money to make a show and then resell the show to the same people who backed the kickstarter.
I'd argue that the only reasonable assumption is that a Kickstarter creator will do what they said in the Kickstarter they'd do. If we started holding creators to assumptions (reasonable or otherwise) rather than the things they actually promised, we end up in a very strange place.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Imagine if you gave up all your extra money to bring about the show, but have no access to Amazon Prime Video.

Finally the "we can do no wrong" critical role screwed up, chuckle.
If you gave up all your extra money to bring about the show and don't even have the $13 to get prime for a month, you've got a lot bigger problems in your life than not being able to see the show. Starting with an incredibly reckless spending style. ;)

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
...heck, I don't even want to get started on the people getting kicked off of airplanes.
I was talking with my gaming group about that yesterday. My opinion is that airlines should have people sign something stating that they will be on the hook for all costs incurred to the airlines and other passengers if you commit a crime or refuse to mask up and the airplane has to divert.

Bolares

Hero
If you gave up all your extra money to bring about the show and don't even have the $13 to get prime for a month, you've got a lot bigger problems in your life than not being able to see the show. Starting with an incredibly reckless spending style. ;)
wow, Amazon is $13 in the US? It's A LOT cheaper here in BRazil (I think there's a first for everything)

Remove ads