Critiques, opinions? I'm all ears guys :D

DemonLoki

First Post
Hey I was basically just looking to hear what you all had to say of this little build. It's far from optimized, and I'm not trying to munchkin, just looking for something fun to play around with. The current party has a 16wiz with the hand of vecna, a 17fighter, a 16order of the bow, 17 cleric, 17pal/wiz combo. The campaign has gone on for a few years and the pal/wiz and my character are the only two who haven't been there from the beginning. Currently running from the "Age of Worms." Anyway, like I said... just curious what you all think, and if you had any opinions/ideas/critiques. Lemme know :D

Note: Almost forgot, the DM is pretty lax. I... conveniently... have access to the entire 3.5 collection of books, as well as most dungeon mag (1-250 or so). His only requirement is that I review the character with him, and that I be able to explain how I reach what numbers, and justify everything

SRD Domain Wizard 3
SRD Cloistered Cleric 1
UPC Arcanist 6
CA Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil 7

Cleric Deity: Fharlanghn
Cleric Domain: Travel
Cleric Domain: Luck
Cleric Domain: Knowledge
Wizard Domain: Transmutation
Wizard Familiar: Pseudodragon

Equipment:
Boccob's Blessed Book
Amulet of Natural Armor +5
Bolt Shirt
Winged Boots
Cloak of Resistance +5
Twilight Mithril Chain Shirt +4
Bracers of Armor +8
Headband of Intellect +6
Heward's Handy Haversack
Ring of Counterspells [Dispell Magic]
Ring of Protection +4
Belt of Dwarvenkind
Eyes of the Eagle
Diamond Dust 10,000gp
Pseudodragon Hatchling
Katana <--- just for style, not really useful

Cast As:
7th Level Cleric
16th Level Wizard

STR 8 8
DEX 16 16
CON 14 (+2 from belt) 16
INT 16 (+4 from level progression/+6 headband) 26
WIS 14 14
CHA 8 8

Speed: 30 ft
Vision: Darkvision 60ft
AC: 38 / 25 / 35

Fortitude: 15
Reflex: 13
Will: 19

Base Attack: +7

Language: Common, Undercommon, Draconic, Goblin, Celestial, Abyssal, Dwarven

Feat 1st: Collegiate Wizard
Feat 1st: Spell Focus (abjuration)
Feat 3rd: Greater Spell Focus (abjuration)
Feat 6th: Skill Focus (Spellcraft)
Feat 9th: Alacritous Cogitation
Feat 12th: Minor Shapechange COMPLETE MAGE
Feat 15th: Improved Familiar
Bonus Feat: Alertness (Granted from Familiar)
* +2 to Listen/Spot checks when familiar is within' arms reach

Skills:
Knowledge Arcana 20
Knowledge The Planes 20
Knowledge Religion 20
Knowledge History 17
Spellcraft 20
Decipher Script 15
Concentration 20

Attachments

• Character Stats.txt
    6 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Herzog

Adventurer
It's 'Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil'.

Other than that, I would say: what's your focus?
You seem to be going all over the place (cleric, wizard, domains, Initiate)

gwcummings

Explorer
Just a minor equipment issue: The bracers of armor provide an armor bonus, not a miscellaneous bonus, and do not stack with the chain shirt. See description below from the DMG:

These items appear to be wrist or arm guards. They surround the wearer with an invisible but tangible field of force, granting him an armor bonus of +1 to +8, just as though he were wearing armor. Both bracers must be worn for the
magic to be effective.

DemonLoki

First Post
As for the spelling error, haha thanks... my bad. I typed everything up pretty quickly and didn't check it. As for the focus, not really one... Like I said, just wanting something interesting to play, not trying to focus and be the uber god of one thing.

As for the Bracers of Armor +8, my DM kind of houserules that. He takes the approach that, the Mithril armor is a physical piece of armor preventing impact on the body. The bracers, even though they provide an armor bonus, create a field of force around the body. He justifies the stack so I go with it. I guess I could argue either way. If you want to be a rule hound, yeah... technically they don't, but if you look at it logically it makes sense. Just a lacking space on the character sheet :D

Thank you both for your imput

shadyizok

Explorer
...The current party has a 16wiz with the hand of vecna...

...Wizard Familiar: Pseudodragon...

That could prove... interesting. Your neutral (I'm assuming with farlaghn as your patron) but pseudodragons are good and if your party member has the hand of vecna I can make no other assumption than that he's evil.

That thing is gonna hiss every ten seconds or so against the wizard!

Hisss.... (get away!!)
Hisss.... (bwegh evildoer!!)
Hisss.... (I will eat you in your sleep!!)

DemonLoki

First Post
Yes, neutral and human... sorry, I realized I left out some details. I had copied from my notepad reference, some things I just didn't type out because they were in my head, my bad. As far as the wizard with the hand, he is actually neutral as well. He is more or less the outcast of the party now. He is power hungry... he is a Cataclysm Mage, if you've ever experienced one? He cut his hand off in the middle of the night and put the Hand of Vecna on, he makes his necessary checks to keep from turning evil, but we all know its just a matter of time. Everyone misses a check some time :D Seeing as how he plays the rogue and wizard, both 16, because they BOTH died on seperate times on save/die occasions... yeah, we know he will miss it soon. The pal/wiz combo already stares him down... and the cleric is just confused. I'm anticipating a battle between him and the rest of the party... more or less why I went IotSV I suppose... pretty defensive. The Cataclysm Mage does some damage, so anything able to neutralize that in the slightest should play nicely I hope

pawsplay

Hero
Why no Wisdom booster? If you don't want to use an ioun stone, maybe you could grab a custom enchantment on the headband, or a 2nd level pearl of power to keep owl's wisdom up most of the time.

I would definitely cast Mordenkainen's blade and tell everyone it looks like a katana.

DemonLoki

First Post
Could exchange the 16k Winged Boots for two 8k Ioun Stones for +2 Wis/Int... bump the Int up to 28 and raise the wisdom to 16. Would also raise the Will Save up to a 20. As far as spells per day, the 28 Int would allow for one additional Cantrip, one additional 5th level spell, and access to one 9th level spell per day. Interesting... the stones float away from the head so they shouldn't affect the head slot.

DemonLoki

First Post
Gold value by level, 17th level, per DMG. 340,000 With what I had, there was roughly 10k or so left over, but I had to leave some for material components and such. With collegiate wizard, I don't really need to spend money to purchase spells since I get enough throughout level progression. I'm looking for overall INT boost to max spells per day and such, and high AC for those occasions that something does penetrate the veils. I like the flare of a physical katana as opposed to the spell, but as I said it's just for looks. If he ever has to actually use it, there is that spell that gives him proficiency on a single weapon, so eh...

Remove ads