• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crossed Paths, Part II

doghead

thotd
"Octar. You're bleeding again."

ooc: actually, couldn't see any reference to Octar taking damage on this page, but he's usually bleeding so I though it was a pretty safe bet ...

A little while later, after wiping the gore off it, Marcus is about to slip the jewelled bracelet on when he remembers where it came from. He stuffs it away with the other small stuff. He gathers up the flail and bow again and seeks out Elhdannis. The bone scroll case he hands to their resident historian, linguist and magician, unopened. A fact he almost forgets to mention.

"Eldannis, you will probably appreicate this more than anyone else.

"Do you have any enchantment detecting spells remaining? We don't want to leave anything of value amoung the rest of the tack. I've gathered what I can find of interest, but sometimes you just don't know.

"Oh, and I haven't checked the scroll case for traps and the like."

Marcus frowns as the 8ft dwarf mentions going back for the chest.

"How are you for spells Elhdannis. And you Brioc." The whole spellcasting thing is a bit of a mystery to Marcus, but from what he can gather, their power is not unlimited and needs to be refreshed each day.

Manzanita

First Post
Bear in mind that the tiled room has been barely explored. Currently the light from Octar's dagger only extends 20 feet in there.

As the party goes about its business, Brioc remains vigilant, his superior eyes and ears alert. Suddenly he waves his hand to the party, his finger at his lips. He makes the motion of moving feet with his hands and points towards the SouthWest passage where the 2nd group of gnolls emerged.

Despaxas

First Post
Tullius stands straight and hushes the group by also putting his fingers to his lips. He moves towards the stairs whispering to Octar "Throw your lighted dagger towards the entrance."

Tullius takes a stand at the stairs in the shadows motioning to Dhormium to start healing the wounded.

OOC: hide 8 ranks including all modifiers.

Last edited:

Krilith

First Post
~Dhormium wants to turn and rush back to where Brioc is pointing his finger, only stopping in his tracks before he even could take one step, the other sign Brioc made was to be still. The dwarf peers into his black and white world to see of he can distinguish any signs of a possible threat, making sure that is he sees anything he’ll give it an eight foot tall problem~

doghead

thotd
Marcus slips over to cover. There he carefully puts the flail and bow downdown, then pulls his sword.

ooc: Hide +6. Not sure where he is. With Ehldannis somewhere. There are currently two light sources in the room - the daggar and the torch (I think). I assume that even though they dont illuminate the whole hall, they are easily visible from anywhere. So the chances of no being noticed are about zero.

Manzanita

First Post
Dhormium is the first to notice the creater of the footsteps. Around the corner, from where a hallway continues south from the stairs out of the natural cavern, a human head peeks around the corner. When Ehldannis' lantern sweeps over that way, the human throws himself onto the ground in a heap, screaming unintelligibly. He seems to be an thin old man, wearing nothing but dirty rags.

Krilith

First Post
~Dhormium wonders, could this be our missing archaeologist Tullius was talking about? He must’ve escaped when that last group of gnolls attacked us. Dhormium moves cautiously over to the old man and takes a look in the hallway to the south before turning to the man on the floor.

“My name is Dhormium, me and my friends are looking for the roman archaeologists that where exploring this site. Do you belong to this party? Are there any others alive?”

~Dhormium helps the man to his feet* or carries him back to the steps~
“Brioc, nevermind what I said earlier, lets leave these caves. We cannot risk the lives of these men”

Ooc: * if the man has good intentions ofcourse

Despaxas

First Post
Tullius gapes at the man. "Man .. Mantriculus?! What's happened to you?"
He will help Dhormium carry him up the stairs, if the 8ft tall dwarf even needs help.

Inez Hull

First Post
"Let us search out the tiled area beyond the stairs and then return to our campsite. Many of us appear in less than hale condition and I myself can contribute little more battle magicks at present."

Ehldannis makes a quick incantation producing a fey greenish glow in his eyes as he proceeds to scan the rough chamber where the battle took place before moving upstairs to the tiled area. [Casts Detect Magic and scans the entirity of both rooms]

doghead

thotd
Marcus remains with Ehldannis to help gather up anything he might point out. But he agrees that they should get out as soon as possible.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads