Crossed Paths, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

doghead

thotd
Marcus the Gypsy

Marcus considers Dhormium for a while. Marcus has never had much time for priests. He's never had anything against them, but has never had any problems with not having one around.

Marcus catches Dhormiums eye. "I agree with Octar on that. I shall be saying a word of thanks to Clangeddin before I close my eyes tonight."

Turning to the items in the room, he asks "Whats with all the chairs and tables? They strike me as odd items for a crypt. And is one of those potions *he nods in the direction of the chest* the one we have been asked to get?"

Inez Hull

First Post
[OOC: Sorry I was unable to contribute to the battle guys - not like I was needed though! - My modem blew up and I'm in a net cafe at the moment. My net access is prolly gonna be a bit patchy for the next couple o' weeks, please auto-pilot Ehldannis for me Manzanita.]

Ehldannis will scan the items in the chest, and the rest of the room for that matter, whilst his spell is still active and relay the results to his companions. He will then complete a detailed search or the walls and floor for any hidden doors or compartments.

"I suspect the chest may be trapped. Marcus are you able to investigate before we open it?"

doghead

thotd
Marcus Romeri of the Gypsies

Marcus nods in response to Ehldannis's request, and sets about checking the chest for traps.

ooc: Search +4, Disable Device +7.

Yeah I know, as the 'party rogue' Marcus is a bit of a lightweight. Sorry. I built him to a concept, which wasn't adventuring. Skills are something I shall be working on the next time we level.

Manzanita

First Post
October 23rd 1 pm

OK, since Elhdannis didn't cast any spells in the fight against the wights, I'll assume he was continuing to concentrate on his detect magic spell.

Ehldannis detects magic in the chest. He decides there are three magic items contained there, all fairly minor.

The chairs and table are ancient and decrepid, not to mention valueless.

Marcus kneels to examine the ancient chest, feeling a bit daunted by the task. Noticing no mechanisms or runes, Marcus inserts a skeleton key into the lock. A small click is heard almost immediately, but instead of opening the lock, a crossbow bolt shoots out of a nigh-invisible hole in the wall, barely missing Marcus and shattering loudly off the stone wall. That done, Marcus again probes the lock, and after a brief skillful probe, it clicks open.

The potions are in steel flasks, marked with strange runes. The scroll can be easily opened. After a bit of a conference, Dhormium identifies the scroll as containing the clerical spells Magic circle against Evil, and Restoration. A bit of shifting, counting and guesswork puts the count of gold coins at about 300.

Ehldannis is unable to find any secret doors in the room.

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Marcus Romeri of the Gypsies.

Marcus steps back from the chest.

You're going to have to learn to distinguish a "click" from a "click".

Looking at the three potions more closely, Marcus rumages around in his memory for the description of the one the sphinx seeks.

Despaxas

First Post
"Close one there Marcus, better be more careful." Tullius wanders around the room checking stuff out, just browsing.

Krilith

First Post
doghead said:
Marcus catches Dhormiums eye. "I agree with Octar on that. I shall be saying a word of thanks to Clangeddin before I close my eyes tonight."
~Dhormium considers the bolt that just passed Marcus and crashed into the wall, Marcus, Clangeddin might just have heard that. The dwarf laughs, and does not care if he is misunderstood, he walks op to Marcus and pats him on the back.
“Hahaa, well there Marcus it seems you found that trap after all, good job lad. I think Clangeddin will be pleased with your attention Marcus, He might even had a something to do with you finding this 'surprise' over here.
Now those scrolls are quite interesting and could come in handy too.
But lets say we hurry up around here, we are almost finished here….and I’m getting hungry.”

Last edited:

Despaxas

First Post
"Let's take the treasure and move to the other door, shall we? If one of these potions is the one the creature wants we will find out when we get back." Tullius starts moving to the door if nobody minds.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Octar takes Tullius' suggestion as an order, or close enough, trooping out again and setting himself up outside the double doors to wait for the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads