• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crossed Paths, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despaxas

First Post
"I knew this was going to end badly ... but not for me." Tullius draws both his weapons with his accustomed speed and strikes at the guard next to him. "Exciting stuff this saving of innocents ... I just hope it's worth it."

ooc: Quick draw weapons, full attack.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Octar can't help but grin as action explodes around him. The adrenaline is undeniable, and he can't help but think These bastards deserve it! Rather than draw his weapons, he locks eyes with the head priest in front of him as he bends his knees and launches himself, shoulder first, into the other man.

ooc: Try and bull rush L off the cliff. I won't follow, lest the same be done to me (if I recall correctly, I can remain in the square I'm in since I'm only pushing him 5'). If this isn't a surprise round he'll draw his longsword afterwards.

If this works, it will be the quickest defeat of a CR X I ever did see. :D

Last edited:

Krilith

First Post
Inez Hull said:
As he culminates his spellcasting he yells in Latin, "Now!"
~’The Elf said NOW!’ Dhormium focuses his built up rage and the prayer fires from his lips. Emanating from his person a ray of light shoots to the priest before him, hopefully withering where he stands.~

Ooc: cast searing light at manacle placing priest on the northern slab.

doghead

thotd
Marcus of the Roma.

Inez Hull said:

Marcus sweeps out his old rusty ....er, I mean trusty sword, and strikes at the nearest warrior hoping to slip beneath the mans guard before he can react.

Surprisingly, he feels very little. Neither rage or fear nor hatred. It will come later, a little voice in the back of his mind says quietly.

ooc: Sneak attack if possible. Where possible, Marcus will try and take advantage of the any exposed flanks or backs to make sneak attacks on opponents.

Manzanita

First Post
Round 1

The leader looks at Ehldannis suspiciously as he casts his spell. "What you are saying?" he asks. "That is nota ritual prayer!"

He doens't take any definite action though, and Ehldannis' spell takes effect, dropping two priests and two guards near the north slab.

Tullius is the first to leap into action, striking down the other priest at the north slab. (there was no guard next to him.)

Marcus has to step over the sleeping bodies of the priests to reach the nearest guard. Unfortunately they were not caught completely unaware. Their suspicions proved true by the party's attack. Marcus is able to clip him with his sword, but does no significant damage. (how do you describe a critical hit which does only 3 pts?)

Octar launches himself into the leader. He tries to get his mace around in time to use it, but Octar gets inside his defences to fast. His shoulder catches the tall priest in the ribs and sends him screaming into the abyss. Octar, at the edge, can see him fall.

Dhormium sends a shaft of searing light into the one remaining priest, who screams as his black robe is seared open, revealing leather armor underneath.

The startling success of the party's attack sends the rest of the flock into panicked flight. They begin to stream into the hallway where they came, past Brioc and the wolf. The sole exception is the guard facing Marcus, who is too preoccupied with his combat to notice the bigger picture.

Jarval

Explorer
Drawing his scimitar as he runs forward, Brioc hurls himself at the guard facing Marcus, hoping to end the fight before any of his own company are hurt.

"Let them go! Let them flee!" He calls out to the others as the followers of Coeus rout from the chamber. "Free the women, so we may quit this place!"

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Octar is grimly satisfied with his success, drawing his sword and moving to free the women and cut down any cultists who remain. Wielding it two-handed, he is ready to cut through cultist and manacles alike.

Krilith

First Post
~Dhormium, still standing at the northern slab utters a prayer. When he is done he removes the hood from the lady on the slam and reassures her that she's safe as he works on the manacles~

"Clangeddin Silverbeard, Your name has once again been honoured by this group. I can feel Your might and guidance as an ever present focus.
Lady, I am Dhormium, priest of the dwarven god Clangeddin Silverbear. I am going to release you from this horrid spectacle."

Manzanita

First Post
The last guard is quickly cut down, and the remaining followers of Coeus flee. The party is once again victorious, in their shortest battle ever.

The two women seem quite frightened, and it is unclear if they understand the words of the party. Both are nude under their black cloaks. One is young and very attractive. The other is middle aged and seems exaughsted. Both speak the same greek dialect as the cultists.

Mendicus and Grassus hang fearfully to the stone wall, but quickly light torches once the others are taken away with the fleeing men.

Upon questioning by Ehldannis, the women say they are from the nearby village, called Thracia, and that they were kidnapped by these cultists, some of whom are prominate members of their community. One spits over the edge, where the cheif priest fell.

Inez Hull

First Post
"The ones I stopped are merely asleep, perhaps we can return them to Thracia to face their own people.... although that is yet another diversion from our quest."
Ehldannis turns to Brioc, a rueful smile painted on his face, "Next time I have ideas of leading ths company, please remind me that it is not my role, this nearly ended in disaster. Bluffs, deciet and intrigue are fascinating to read about, but I am not sure that I am cut out for it myself."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads