• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crown of the Kobold King

Corpseflower

First Post
OnlytheStrong said:
I keep feeling like I forgot to do something. Just not sure what, so let me know if I messed something up or forgot to do it.

I'm a bit sleepy but looking over it...
-No alignment yet
-Even though it's the standard I'd like your movement rate to be listed.
-You'll need an area detailing your ranged attack with the cross bow, it's crit range, range increment
-Only spent 33 skill points, but you have 35 to play with (2+4+1 human bonus x4 =28 +7 more at 2nd)
-I forgot to ask, but I'd like it if you would include Listen and Spot even if you have no ranks since I'll normally roll them for you without calling for a roll.
-You should include the War mage abilities on your sheet: Armored Mage, and Warmage edge plus the DC for your spells.
-You'll need some kind of area to mark what you have cast for the day.

I do something like this where's x's mark a daily slot expended:
1st Level (DC 12) - [x], [x], [ ] However you want to do it is fine as long as it is clear.

-I'm adding your gold spent to be 807 rather than 790, but I'm too tired to swear by it.

That's all I see other than generally describing your character and why a trained warmage has ended up in a lumber town on the border of nowhere.

I'll use maps when I can so if you find a small image for your character I'll use that as your mini for combat.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Alright, thanks again. I'm not going to re-add the numbers, so I will just use the ones you came up with. I edited the post with Aidan on it to show the things you asked for minus the Warmage abilities, since I'm not around my book right now and don't know them off the top of my head.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Well, let me know if theres something amiss, Still needs equipment.

Code:
 Name: Dimlez Temren
Class: Wu Jen
Race: Human
Size: Medium
Alignment: Neutral evil
Deity: 

Str: 10 +0  (XXp.)     Level: 2         XP: 1250
Dex: 14 +2 (XXp.)     BAB: +1         HP: 6+5= 11 (1d4+2)
Con: 14 +2 (XXp.)     Grapple: 0     Dmg Red: 
Int: 18 +4 (XXp.)     Speed: 30'      Spell Res: 
Wis: 10 +0 (XXp.)     Init: +2        Spell Save: +X
Cha: 08 -1 (XXp.)     ACP: 0          Spell Fail: 0%

Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total
Armor:          10    +0    +0    +2    +0    +0    +0    16
Touch: 12              Flatfooted: 12

Base   Mod  Misc  Total
Fort:                      0     +2          +2
Ref:                       0     +2          +2
Will:                      3     +0          +3

Weapon                Attack   Damage     Critical
Crosbow heavy         +3     1d10      19-20x2   Range= 120 ft
Quarterstaff              +1     1d6/1d6     20x2

Languages: Common, Infernal, Giant, draconic, Elven
Class: Watchful sprirt, Bonus feat (Energy substitution -cold-) 	
Feats: Mage hand, Sudden Widen

Skill Points: 28+7       Max Ranks: 5/2
Skills                       Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total
Spellcraft                       5    +4  +2     +10
Profession(alchemist)      5    +0          +2
Knowledge(arcana)         5    +4          +9
Concentration                5    +2          +6
Craft (alchemy)              5    +4          +7
Tumble                         2     +2          +4
Listen                           2     +0          +2
Spot                             1     +0         +1

Equipment:               Cost  Weight
quarterstaff             
heavy crosbow            50gp
clothings                    
Wand of Magic missles 750 gp
Scroll of Hail of stone 25 gp
Scroll of Endure elements 25 gp
Scroll of Animate water 25 gp

Money: ?

Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push 500
Max Weight:           1-33  34-66 67-100 100

Spell DC: 4 (int) + Spell Level

Spells per day
Level 0
Ray of frost*3
Light

Level 1
Elemental Burst
Shield
Cobras breath

Spells known
Level 0= all
Level1= Hail of stone. Elemental Burst, Magic missile, Endure elements, Firey eyes, Cobras breath, Animate water, Shield, True strike.  

Spell like abilities (once per day): Mage hand, Open/lock, Tenesser floating disk.

Taboo: Use only blue and cold colors. Can`t use any red orange or yellow. Tends to dislike the people that use that colors. 

Height: 1.8 meters
Weight: 60 kg
Eyes: blue
Hair: black
Skin: withe

Last edited:

Corpseflower

First Post
Voda> Here's my nit-pickery.

Notes on Dimlez:
XP is 1250

Your HP total is definitely not right. As 6 and 5 are both above the d4 I'm assuming those 2 include the Con bonus which means the 3rd number should be +3 from the Toughness feat. That adds to 14 rather than 25.

Your normal AC is 12. Touch is 12. Flat Footed is 10.

For the Heavy Crossbow I just want to make sure you know loading it is a full round action. You'll only be able to fire it every other turn and then only if you don't move more than 5 feet on the turn while you are loading. Range Increment is 120.

The Mage Hand feat you have is really called Spell Hand and you should note those abilities are each once per day at DC 10.

The bonus metamagic feat for Wu Jen still needs to meet the prerequisites. Energy Substitution requires any other metamagic feat. So you'll need to replace either Toughness or Spell Hand to make that work. Sudden Extend, Silent, Still or Widen would all qualify and still be usable with 1st level spells.

Since I'll be rolling Init for everyone as soon as I go to combat rounds, you don't have to declare Watchful Spirit before knowing your place in the line up. You just get one free reroll of Init per day. Just announce it as soon as you see the Init line up and I'll change it as appropriate.

Skills> You have 35 Skill Points. (2 Class +4 Int +1 Human) x4= 28 +7 more at 2nd Level. All of the skills you have are Class skills so you can take 5 ranks in all of them and still have 10 more points to spend. I don't see anything that would give you a +2 misc on Spellcraft though.

The Wu Jen uses a Spellbook. You have all 0 Level Wu Jen spells and need to pick 9 (3 Class + 4 Int +2 at 2nd level) 1st level Spells.

Wu Jen also have taboos. You start play with one such prohibition and you are going to gain another one at 3rd level. Think about those in relation to your character and pick one to start the game with.

900 gold will get you plenty of one off items or even a wand of a 1st level spell. As far as scrolls or wands are concerned I'm of the opinion that the Wu Jen is rare and not of the commercial frame of mind. So if you want scrolls or wands you'll have to pick from the spells that overlap with the wizard/sorcerer list.

EDIT: I suppose you could have acquired any wu jen items from your mentor before you were banished. My restriction will count after the game kicks in, but does not apply to your starting gear.

Because your character is probably self serving and disinterested in heroics I'll give you a very specific hook into the adventure instead of counting on your sense of community or anything like that.

We'll be ready to start soon. 3 more sheets to go.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
The +2 misc on spelcraft is from synergy provided by knowledge arcana.
For the other things I will correct them right away.
I completly missed the taboo thing =P

Corpseflower

First Post
Voda Vosa said:
The +2 misc on spelcraft is from synergy provided by knowledge arcana.

Whoops. My mistake. I completely forgot to cross check for synergy. Aidan gets +2 on Spellcraft for the same synergy.

The Rogue's Gallery is up now as linked in my sig. You can load your sheets up over there so they are easy to flip through.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads