• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crown of the Kobold King

Creamsteak

Explorer
"You probably shouldn't have said anything about the you-know-whats Aidan."

Turning back to the friendly huggable wuvable man-eater, "You're going to have to offer me something more, because that's out of my way, friend. In all seriousness, what's your beef with them, and what can you offer that's actually worth something to me?"

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
You did not catch the mention of our "pups" then did you? Aidan turns to the worg, We will pass below with your blessing then, but what of our return trip? Shall we rise once again with the same blessing?

Last edited:

Corpseflower

First Post
"Little freaks are too lazy to get out and hunt on their own. Always trying to take a swipe at my pack. Enough is enough." In response to Luger's demand for incentive the worg smiles toothily, "I suppose that depends on how much you value keeping your throats dry... or intact in your case. You don't come into my den and take your little tour without a ticket. Those chokers just happen to be the price of admission. Alternatively..." the worg sniffs and licks its lips, "I'll take the little one. The girl. Or your throats. What will it be boys?"

Creamsteak

Explorer
"You're still not getting it. You've clearly not dealt with a 'forged before, mammal. You and these folk behind me need to understand, most 'forged are rational. In my case, I like my money. I'm on a job here, and I either have to deal with you or a bunch of squid things. That's a fair assessment, right? So I'm either wagering a fight against you, or a fight against the squids against... well... nothing. The math is coming out pretty even on all sides, but if I go through you I might save some time."

Pausing for a second, "As far as the girl goes, no dice. Even if the rest of the group wouldn't mind throwing her to the wolves, I don't see the point. It's no insurance policy. If you had something worthwhile to trade, maybe. Since you don't seem to, let's get on with this."

Assuming nobody in the group steps in to stop it or offer a better suggestion, Luger gets ready to engage the worg and whatever pack he has hiding around here.

WarShrike

First Post
Azog wipes the squid's blood from his tunic with disgust. Looking at the Worg, he sneers, amused.

"I see, so, because we killed all 3 of these creatures that you never succeeded in killing 1 of, we must go off and kill some others that you are too cowardly to face yourself? And all this to gain your blessing? If we are strong enough to slaughter that which you fear, runt, why should we not simply gut you, and let your pack feast on your carcass?

My guess would be that even if we help you, the only blessing you will try to bestow upon us is the same one you bestowed upon the woodsmsman out in the courtyard. Lets just cut out the extra leg-work and get it over with.
"

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
As the image of the little girl he knows pops into his mind, Aidan lets out a feral growl and casts Magic Missle at the Worg.

Last edited:

Corpseflower

First Post
The worg snarls, "Lucky for me you don't fly then" and charges into the room.

Init:
Worg 20
Turn 18
Azog & Fang 16
Ordin 14
Aidan 11
Dimlez 9
Luger 5
Wolves 3

Choose a square again since you could have moved anywhere in the room during the dialogue. Keep in mind that the worg is in the doorway, wolves behind him in the hall.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads