• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(CSDGH) Demon with a Glass Hand [IC]

Shayuri

First Post
Shard looks at the strange man thoughtfully, then at the book.

"Do you know what The Egg is?" she asks. "Does it have any significance or importance to you?"

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Well, that's about the time I started to have nightmares about the frog men. The longer I had the book, the more it revealed to me. The more it revealed to me, the worse my nightmares were. The Egg was a 'Quell'. A 'Quell' is an inherently magical device of some kind. It could be a piece of wood, a stone, a glass of water, a bit of flame. Wood, stone, sound, fire, water, and beast. The egg though, it wasn't like that. It was the quell to end all quells. It eats the energy of the other quells. At least as far as I read."

"The first chapter is all about quells. You'll probably see that much soon. The book says a wood or stone knife could cut better than an iron knife. The problem is, I'm pretty sure this isn't the case, but the book takes it seriously. I'm not exactly sure, as I only made it to the third chapter before the nightmares became serious."

"Don't forget, it comes in code. It'll take time to decipher it even after the text is revealed. I'd recommend against wasting your time with it. Knowledge is power, but fiction is fiction."

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"The frog man doesn't want you dead because of fiction" Shard says confidently.

"But yes. I want to help. Haros."

She whirls to look at him. "How are we going to help him?"

Creamsteak

Explorer
"I'd rather you didn't. You should be the easier one for me to find. If you REALLY need me, I'll most likely be in one of the other cities of the virtues, supposing I can sneak in again. I havn't decided yet which. Probably the one farthest from here."

Creamsteak

Explorer
"As walkers I wish you the best of luck. You seem like very nice people. Let's hope that our exchange works out in our mutual favor."

Shayuri

First Post
(Meep...hope Psion's okay...)

Shard nods. "Thanks. Be careful out there."

If Haros has nothing more to add, she's ready to depart.

Remove ads