• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(CSRHoD) Creamsteak's Red Hand of Doom [IC]

Redclaw

First Post
Finished securing his new scrolls, and having handed the Restorative Ointment to Tyrla, Larian looks at the map carefully. I would suggest we take the Dawn Way until the witch trail crosses it. With the horses we're probably better off on a larger path. The downside, of course, is that we're more likely to run into resistance that way. He shakes his head in concern, but remains behind his suggestion.
He looks to his companions, and double-checks the pull on his bow.

Arkhandus

First Post
Warren the halfling, HP 33/33, AC 23

Warren just nods in agreement with Larian, then proceeds to move a few of his possessions to one of the saddlebags of the light warhorse before climbing up into the saddle. He's never really ridden a horse before, but he'd rather not slow everyone down. "I'm naming this one Serrin. Anyone want to try riding along and steer this thing for me? I don't take up much space on the saddle, as ya can see."

Creamsteak

Explorer
Four hours and 20 minutes is what it takes to reach Jorr's cabin. This puts it at roughly 11 am when you arrive.

The trail leads past a small cabin in a deep forest glade. A ramshackle front proch is littered with fishing baskets and skinning frames. The cabin overlooks a dark bayou or lake, with old gray cedar-trees draped in moss rising out of the water. An old skiff is tied up on the shore nearby, and a little smoke curls from the fieldstone chimney.

All six party members spot some hounds parked under the porch. They also become aware of your groups approach.

They charge out towards you, baying loudly. They stop about 10 feet short of the group and growl and snap ferociously but do not attack. Avril's presence seems to calm the dogs, which quickly become friendly to the group.

OOC: Avril's wild empathy was nat 20 + mods, moving them from unfriendly to friendly.

A few seconds later, the cabin's door opens, and a lean woodsman of indeterminate age steps onto the porch. He has a seamed, leathery look to his face and arms, and a big curved knife sits in a sheath strapped to one thigh. "Don't get many visitors here," he rasps, "Who're you, and what d'ya want with me?"

OOC: Already rolled Siobhan's diplomacy, result concealed.

Redclaw

First Post
Larian steps forward next to Siobhan, and holds his open hands wide as he addresses the hunter. May the Protector bless you, good huntsman. I am confident that you are the one known as Jorr. We were given directions to your domicile by one Noro Wiston, town speaker of Drellin's Ferry. He has procured our services to invstigate, and potentially eliminate the hobgoblin threat to his fine town, and he suggested that you might be willing to assist us in that endeavour. I am Larian Lightweaver, elven wizard. This is Siobhan Lilend, priestess of the Brawler. Here he makes a grandiose gesture to the cleric, showing his deference to her.
[sblock=ooc] aid other on the diplomacy check (+5) :) [/sblock]

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Goblins! I just can't stand'em! Wood's rotten with 'em right now. I seen worg riders and trouble-makers all over, especially along the dawn way. All right, I'm your man. I want 5 gold a day, or 10 if you've got a mind to go off someplace dangerous."

That is, he'll join your group for the above wage. If you have any more questions/concerns for Jorr go ahead, and I also will need to know what the groups plan is now.

XP Award: 250 xp for each player.

pathfinderq1

First Post
(Earlier): As the group traveled, Tyrla stayed quiet for the most part, intent upon the sights and sounds of their journey. While her eyes were not as keen as a seasoned woodsman, she did have a bit of an extra edge- and it wouldn't do to get ambushed two days in a row... Beneath the deep hood of her cloak, her eyes burned with an eerie red light as she scanned their surroundings.

(Now): Once the group reached the cabin, Tyrla gravitated towards the back of the group- most often animals, particularly dogs, expressed discomfort in her presence, and she didn't want to undo the benefit of Avril's skill. "I don't suppose you might know if these beasts have some kind of lair or base in the area?," she asked Jorr.

OOC: She will keep her See the Unseen fully active, reinvoking it whenever the See Invisible effect wears off.

OOC 2: Failing Jorr's knowledge of a likely lair, perhaps we might have him direct us to the keep. Thoughts?

OOC 3: And backtracking a bit, everyone should make sure they have noted the potions gained on their sheets (2 CLW each, 3 for Warren and Gurguannin)- I think we 'll need them soon enough...

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Well, they live up yonder in the Wyrmsmokes, but seems like we got a big war party in the forest. Maybe they come down the Old Forest Road, or might be they came by the Skull Gorge. My money's on the Skull Gorge."

Redclaw

First Post
Is there a likely place where they might gather in numbers, or where their commander might make his base of operations? Hobgoblins tend to be well-organized enough to make use of such strategies.

Also, do you know of any potential allies in the area? If the force is as sizeable as Speaker Wiston seemed to fear, the people of Drellin's Ferry might need more help than even we can provide.

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Allies? Not really. I mostly keep to myself. The hobgoblins could be anywhere. The Witchwood is a big place. Lots of swamp. Lots of forest. Lots of caves and old farms along the road. The whole forest is dangerous, and I don't just mean gobos. Old Gray-face would likely give those gobos a thumpin if they dared tangle with him. He's a great big gray monster with eight eyes and a huge appetite. He stays off the Dawn Way, mostly. I've had a couple run-ins with him before."

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Any knowledge checks to recognize the creature he's talking about? If I'm right, player-knowledge-wise, it would be Arcana, which is +12.[/sblock]

Remove ads