(CSRHoD) Creamsteak's Red Hand of Doom [IC]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Redclaw said:
(ooc: I'm good with that plan for potions and mounts. Even if we don't get more horses, we should at least be able to carry a bit more loot this way. :D ).

And even if everyone doesn't get to ride, we should be able to keep everyone's encumbrance down- perhaps Warren and Siobhan can ride most of the time, since I think everybody else moves at 30. Anybody else?

Arkhandus

First Post
[sblock=ooc]There's no way we'll all get to ride the mounts to speed up travel.....so it's probably best if we only take one or two of them to use as pack animals, and one of those can be outfitted with a saddle so everyone gets a brief chance to rest their feet for part of each day while traveling. So, do you think we should purchase the two horses, or the light horse and the donkey, or the heavy horse and the donkey? Or do you really want to buy all three?

Warren will have paid for the group's lodgings and drinks with some of the group-funds I guess. With the night's rest and Avril's one wand charge, he'll be at full health now.

Edit: Then again, I guess Warren and Siobhan really are the only ones who are slower than yer average bear....on foot, that is. The two horses may suffice, but I dunno if Siobhan's heavy enough with her armor and other gear to slow the heavy horse down or not.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Zoycitenega

First Post
OOC: Sorry Siobhan didn't heal you; I didn't notice you were hurt. And unless she weighs more than 300 lbs, the heavy warhorse won't break a sweat.

Arkhandus

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Well, we're selling the magical banded mail and short swords that were looted off the hobgoblins, so.....if possible we'll pay for the equines with some of the remaining party-funds, unless the party-funds are too drained by Larian's magic item trades and purchases. I'm fine with that, though, if it's the case. If necessary, Warren will put forth some platinum pieces to pay for mounts. At most he'll put forth 17 of his platinum coins, which would be 170 gold in value. If Siobhan does some haggling, it's best for her to do all the talking herself, as Warren's no good with negotiations. :heh: [/sblock]

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Larian got the identify and the rest for the price of one of the swords. That leaves the other sword and the armor to pay for horses and whatever else.

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Well, I guess we should get both horses then, with saddles, bits & bridles, and saddlebags. Although both Warren and Siobhan could fit on the heavy warhorse without slowing it down, it wouldn't leave much room or weight to spare for hauling loot, and it's best to have a spare horse anyway I guess. The donkey might move slower.

So Siobhan could take the heavy warhorse and Warren the light warhorse, with others probably taking turns on the light warhorse as well to rest their feet. Even with all his gear, Warren's just a little over 50 pounds. Warren probably can't keep a critter that big under control by himself, and has no experience at riding. A halfling's feet are made fer walkin'! :heh: [/sblock]

Last edited:

Pinotage

Explorer
Avril - Human Druid - Spot +11 - Listen +11
Scarlet - Riding Dog - Spot +5 - Listen +5

The shopping completed, Avril stood beside the two horses and used her skills with animals to give the a good once over. "These are good horses. They'll serve us well." She stroked the horse carefully. "Strong and young. I'll take good care of them. Let's hope there's enough grass in the forest for them to eat, but they should be fine."

Taking the barding from Larian, she started to slowly and meticulously place it on the heavy warhorse, careful not it injure it and avoid tightening the straps too much. It took a while but she was satisfied that the job was well done. "I'm not sure who can ride him into battle like this, but he looks the part." Turning to the light warhorse. "And he'll make a good steed as well."

"Unless we have anything else we want to take a look at, I suggest we make our way to the witchwood."

[SBLOCK=OOC]
OOC:

Avril hp - 36/36
Scarlet hp - 30/30

Spells and Abilities Active:

(None)

Spells Cast and Abilities/Items Used:

(None)

Spells Prepared:

Level 0 (5): Cure Minor Wounds, Detect Magic, Guidance, Naturewatch, Resistance
Level 1 (4): Cure Light Wounds, Enrage Animal, Entangle, Produce Flame
Level 2 (3): Barkskin, Bear's Endurance, Cat's Grace
Level 3 (2): Call Lightning, Cure Moderate Wounds
[/SBLOCK]

Creamsteak

Explorer
attachment.php

One last major concern before you leave is how you plan to travel. Assuming your first goal is to visit the woodsman Jorr, you can either travel by the Dawn Road or the Witch Trail. The dawn road is marked A, the witch trail is marked B, and the location of Jorr's is marked C.

Key
attachment.php

Attachments

• 95682.jpg
    95682.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 95682.jpg
    95682.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 123

Remove ads